Giving Up on CL Peep Toes :(

peachi521

Jun 24, 2008
Hi everyone,

So I LOVE my Christian Louboutins... I've gone through about five pairs so far and my favorites are my classic black decolletes.

But I've wanted a pair of nude VPs or NPs for a long time (gold or maroon tip)... but I'm starting to think my feet aren't made for the Very Prive or the No Prive... or CL peep-toes in general :confused1:

I got rid of my yoyos because I thought my toes looked funny... got rid of my architeks because again... my toes looked funny. Thought I could solve the problem by getting a pair of no prives in 1 size bigger than my tts... and argggg my toes STILL look funny (and the heel of the shoe is WAY too big). So now I'm returning the no prives (they were also the wrong color... "bone/milk nude" instead of "beige nude" :Push:smile:.

So am I destined for closed toed CLs for the rest of my life??? If so, do you ladies recommend any particular styles (I just got the Miss Boxes)? I love the decolletes & the ron rons in camel... but I really wish there was a way for me to pull off a sexy classic platform peep toe :sad:

HELP! TIA :shrugs:

I agree with Laureen - a picture would be best!

However, if you mean that your toes are sort of "crooked" in the peeptoe, mine looks the same. It doesn't bother me, because it's one of those things that only I can tell (at least, I hope so!). :smile:

Peep toes aren't for everyone. I've seen some long toes hanging OVER the shoe - not a good look and then some people have that one toe that just won't act right...

Thanks laureen :smile: I'll post new pictures once I get back to my office!

But in the meantime, here's the thread I started on my architeks: http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...ice-nude-architeks-keep-or-return-420790.html

I thought I could get around the "too small" problem discussed in the thread by sizing up... but the only difference is that now the heel area looks way too big, while the toes look exactly the same. I could try a 38.5 (I'd try out the VP this time) but I'm afraid I'd have the same problem.

Strangely enough, my tts is always much smaller than my CLs. I wear a 37 in Sigerson Morrison and a 37.5 in Guiseppe Zanotti/Jimmy Choo/Prada... but the thought of me fitting into a 37 in CLs is laughable. I usually wear between a 38-39 because of width & because of my crazy toes :confused1:

I agree with Laureen - a picture would be best!

However, if you mean that your toes are sort of "crooked" in the peeptoe, mine looks the same. It doesn't bother me, because it's one of those things that only I can tell (at least, I hope so!). :smile:

I do have crooked toes (well just one toe... my big toe:sad:)!! But I also have really little short toes whereas my big toe is a lot longer... all the women in my family have it and my mom likes to joke that if it weren't for my big toe, I'd wear a size 5! My toes have never been a big deal with peep toes until I tried CL peeps... ahhhh :Push:!

Ok off to get the pictures!

Ok here are the pics... I am definitely returning the shoes because I'm not a fan of the color (not to mention that they are significantly cheaper at Luisaviaroma)...:sad: but I'm up in the air about ordering another pair of NPs (this time in black patent w/red tip or black tip) or ordering a pair of classic nude VPs w/a burgundy tip.

My alternative is to stick with closed-toe styles... camel patent decollete or ron ron, burgundy or black rolando... and then try to figure out what size I would wear (in everything but the decolette). :confused1:

I couldn't get a good long shot w/the shoes on because my feet kept slipping... the 2nd & 3rd photo are different shots of the problem I'm having: 1. "Giant toe"/no other toes visable look (ugh) and 2. poking out in the front/falling off in the back (double ughhhh). The SA suggested shortening the straps, adding footpads and sticky straps in the back but that's a lot of effort, especially if my toe still looks funky in them :Push: Oh and pardon the appearance of my feet, I am badly in need of a pedicure :sad:

Attachments

• DSCN5084.jpg
    DSCN5084.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 330
  • DSCN5088.jpg
    DSCN5088.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 611
  • DSCN5090.jpg
    DSCN5090.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 450
  • DSCN5083.jpg
    DSCN5083.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 239
I see what you mean now... If they were me, I'd return them and stick with closed toe. Have you thought about the Open Clic (I think that's the name)?

Yup! Tried a pair on at NM and wasn't thrilled... felt like the shoe couldn't decide if it was a peep or not (no offense to any Open Clic lovers :smile:).

I just have to find a CL closed toe shoe that has all the pizazz of an open toed shoe... which is why I was thinking of throwing caution to the wind and grabbing a pair of rolandos (versus a neutral "safe" camel closed toe shoe).