Giving a second life to this baby

LostInBal

in Bal_derland
O.G.
Jun 17, 2008
Got a week ago this very faded pink smocked tote which I’m working on. She will turn to a very saturated black (or at least, that’s what I pretend to). It’s been a while (many years to be honest :biggrin:) since I been into a redye project. It won’t be easy because from light pink to deep black will be a challenge for sure!:shocked: Even not recommended by professionals.
Always felt curious about this style and wanting to find one.
Will share before & after pics :flowers:

986BCD4A-E941-4C4F-A2FB-47BDB57AB3D3.jpeg292B7416-60BB-40AD-A4CE-25A4884CEEDB.jpeg

Don't think I've seen this bag before, and that is some very curious quilting! What is it supposed to be? :thinking:

Best of luck on your project, I imagine it will be quite an arduous job. :tup:
Exactly! There’s quilting for sure but no idea what’s in between, maybe a thick textil layer to create the efect? Anyway, it’s quite interesting irl ;)

I’m using Fiebin’s Pro dye and a few other products in order to clean, prepare, recoloring balm (post dyeing finish to make it even more jet black) moisturize and sealing color to prevent color transfer. Also ordered new black waxed laces for the handles and a high quality handcraft made shoulder strap. The bag was no cheap so if we have to add restoration product costs, I could almost sent it out for a redye for that price, but I prefer making it myself and spend on the best products for the project ;) Oh, I forgot, also ordered black textil dye for the zipp canvas and special glue to set the knot of laces to the handles!.

• Insightful
Reactions: LookGood_FeelGood