Givenchy reveal: blue nubuck Antigona

PurseACold

Louboutin, 2010s Givenchy, & 2020s Bottega Veneta
O.G.
Jan 7, 2014
At long last, I've taken my new beauty out for the day. Here are some pics of my small blue nubuck Anti. I'd been wanting a bag in this color range for awhile, but I hadn't found the right one. Now I have, and I'm in love. :love:

(I'd say the pics reflect the color pretty well, though the color seems a tad lighter IRL.)

Attachments

• pic 1.png
    pic 1.png
    820 KB · Views: 470
  • pic 2.png
    pic 2.png
    782.2 KB · Views: 555
  • pic 3.png
    pic 3.png
    871.7 KB · Views: 452
Wow. Congrats on such a beautiful blue bag! :smile:

I'm not really familiar with this type of leather. Is it suede or suede like? Sorry if my questions sound a bit silly.:wondering

Thank you so much, pursemate, mmmilkman, and AEGIS! The nubuck is often called suede, but having looked into it, it's a bit different. Nubuck is made from the outer side of an animal's hide rather than the inner part (from which suede is made). The difference means that nubuck is stronger and more resistant to wear and tear. Nonethless, it's similar to suede in the texture and similarly feels velvety to the touch. When I first saw this bag as part of the pre-fall collection, I was fearful of ordering it out of fear of needing to baby it, but others on this board have assured me that Givenchy's nubuck has been very resilient.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, pursemate, mmmilkman, and AEGIS! The nubuck is often called suede, but having looked into it, it's a bit different. Nubuck is made from the outer side of an animal's hide rather than the inner part (from which suede is made). The difference means that nubuck is stronger and more resistant to wear and tear. Nonethless, it's similar to suede in the texture and similarly feels velvety to the touch. When I first saw this bag as part of the pre-fall collection, I was fearful of ordering it out of fear of needing to baby it, but others on this board have assured me that Givenchy's nubuck has been very resilient.
The bag is simply gorgeous, love it! The other information about the nubuck vs suede is helpful as I was under the impression that it would be difficult to care for.