Givenchy patent Nightingale?

PurseACold

Louboutin, 2010s Givenchy, & 2020s Bottega Veneta
O.G.
Jan 7, 2014
I need some opinions from you chic ladies. I've toyed with adding a Nightingale to my collection, but I've never gone through with it because I tend to prefer structured bags. I just came across this patent Nightingale in a very pretty red. Because it's patent, it feels more structured than other Nightingales. But I'm wondering whether it looks tacky or cheap. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• BW61185-a.jpg
    BW61185-a.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 197
I've got to say that I don't particularly like the patent, sorry. However, if you like it, then that's the way to go. You can order it, check it out in front of your mirror and either keep or return it, depending on your preference.

Good luck!

I love the color. However, I am not a fan of patent for my bags. I do like a patent clutch or shoes. Love the look and structure.

U never know until u see it and hold it. I think any material can work, depending on the entire ensemble and the energy of the wearer. Ha! Something tells me Beyonce could totally rock this patent gale! So, give it whirl and share your thought when you get her!

I love the color. However, I am not a fan of patent for my bags. I do like a patent clutch or shoes. Love the look and structure.

U never know until u see it and hold it. I think any material can work, depending on the entire ensemble and the energy of the wearer. Ha! Something tells me Beyonce could totally rock this patent gale! So, give it whirl and share your thought when you get her!

Sorry, but I don't even think Beyoncé could pull this bag off Lol IMO it's really cheap looking and not worth your money girl!

Sorry, but I don't even think Beyoncé could pull this bag off Lol IMO it's really cheap looking and not worth your money girl!
You have all captured my instinct, but I'm going to wait to see it in person. I'd really like a red bag that I can use for work and play, and my heart is telling me that this isn't it. The Obsedia tote on the other hand.... :loveeyes:

I have the light beige version of this and I love it. Never have to worry about rain, snow, scratches. Its also a mooshy patent leather so it got less structured as I wore it. The leather has gradient shading which makes it interesting, but still subtle. Its one of my earliest gales and I still use it.

I like how the red will look different depending on lighting too, but you need to try it yourself.

Last edited:
randr21, yours looks cute! It's the color....

Anyway, the red patent Nightingale arrived yesterday and I'm definitely going to return it. The handles were too rigid and uncomfortable, being patent. But more importantly, the color and material combo was too much for me. It is actually prettier and richer looking in person than I thought it would be. But too much for a classy red pop of color. I'll keep waiting for the right red bag to come along :smile: