Givenchy Pandora Bag - keep or return?

Pls help!! ~ I just received my Givenchy Pandora bag. I really like the bag but then again, I've made some what-the-hell-was-i-thinking purchases in the past and wish I had asked for opinions back then.

I'm in need of a stylish investment piece black bag that can take me from day to night but still be functional. I'd use it mainly for meeting friends, shopping, lunch, dinner, church.

I hated the look of this bag on online store websites but loved the bag on women that I saw carrying it. It just seemed to slouch really well and the leather seemed to be of great quality.

Pls give me your honest thoughts - keep or return? Is it a droolworthy bag? Is this classic enough that I could use for the next several years but still be stylish? Gotta be honest here - after being a stay-at-home mommy for the past couple of years, having a bag that I get compliments on would be a little boost to the ego ;)

My alternative would be the black Balenciaga City bag.

Thank you!

p.s - pls excuse the quality of the pics and the tiny mirror. Quickly took these while my boy is napping. This is my first time uploading pics so I hope it works!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi timtam!

It is interesting that you ask this question because about a month ago I was killing myself with indecision about this bag (but in a different color--the greyish brown distressed leather). I went and looked at it and tried it on at the store about 10 times. I loved it, and I would definitely not turn one down if it was given to me, but I ultimately chose a Balenciaga City. There was something about the Pandora that was "off" in my eyes... I think it was the smaller handle, I didn't like how there was only one. I guess I had the opposite problem as you, I loved it online and when I saw it sitting on display but when I tried it on I wasn't very happy with it. I think I was much more in love with the color/leather treatment than the shap of the bag. I also really like the size, that it can be worn cross-body, and the tiny pocket in front. Honestly, I may still grab it when it goes on sale if it is still available at the store.

My vote is for the Balenciaga black City. I am head-over-heels about my new City and I think I made the right decision between the Pandora and the City.

I LOVE the Pandora. I would really enjoy a gray one and the black is exceptional. Not much of a bbag fan as of late so my vote is to keep. Being a SAHM myself I appreciate any little compliment I receive. You wear it very well and if your son knew how stylish you are he would be proud, lol!

Love the look best when worn crossbody. Very chic!

i say go for the city! it's a very classic bag, and it's structured, yet still has that bit of slouchyness to it. although i may be biased because i'm not a big fan of the pandora. i've always thought it looked like a strap had been chopped off and the rest of the bag just hung like that because of it.

i say go for the city! it's a very classic bag, and it's structured, yet still has that bit of slouchyness to it. although i may be biased because i'm not a big fan of the pandora. i've always thought it looked like a strap had been chopped off and the rest of the bag just hung like that because of it.

Heartfelt, I feel the same way about that strap. My SA told me that when he first got the bag in stock he thought it was actually defective and missing that one handle! I really like asymmetric things but in this bag I'm not sure if it works. I think if it had double handles I would have bought it the second I saw it! I really wanted a bag with double handles and a shoulder strap and the City ended up being the most perfect choice for me.

as a fan of givenchy bags and owning several of them, i am not in love with the pandora on you. the best pic that you uploaded is the last one, where you are wearing it crossbody. in that pic, i can see how a sahm, with your petite figure, can carry this bag off well. i'm not loving the black on you either, maybe it's your outfit?

in any case, i'd pass on this. a city would be more practicaly, so i think you should go for that bag. or, as an alternative, why not a nightingale? it can be carried on the shoulder, crossbody or on your arm.

Some of Givenchy are great, but I feel Pandora looks awkward somehow. I know I am a big Bal sucker. But honestly, between the two, I'd choose Black City since it is guaranteed will last for years and still looks fashionable.