Givenchy nightingale or YSL muse? Please help!

Nightingale or Muse? Please vote!

• Givenchy nightingale- black medium size

• YSL Muse I- black large size

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm debating between either a black medium Givenchy nightingale or black large YSL muse. I've tried on both and like them equally...I feel like they can hold similar amounts and are sort of similarly shaped too...I guess that's why it's so hard for me to decide between them! Which style do you think has the most longevity? Any opinions or advice? Thanks all!

Both bags are great, however, my choice would be the Muse, it's a classic that is timeless and every time I see someone carrying one, I can't help but notice how sharp they look, whether dressed casual or professional. I own 2, a large and oversize.

I voted for the nightingale, which I currently own. I have had 2 oversized muses but for very short periods of time (I returned them). Currently, I own YSL bags that I adore and love the brand, but...

My first question for you though is whether you prefer a structured bag versus a bag that will puddle? The nightingale slouches and you should consider whether that suits your style.

My second question for you is whether you like a bag that has a shoulder strap or not? The nightingale has a padded shoulder strap that allows the bag to sit on your shoulder comfortably if you don't want to hold it in your hands or in the crook of your elbow.

Best of luck with your eventual choice. Both bags are lovely and will likely be a great addition to your collection.

Thanks everyone! My concern about the muse is whether it can be worn with casual outfits, especially since the black color makes it a little dressier. In response to Aluxe, I am ok with the slouchy factor of the Nightingale as well as the fact that it has a shoulder strap. I guess my two main concerns are longevity/timelessness of the bag (I want a "forever" bag) and wearability with a wide range of outfits (this will be my only black tote).

I have an OS Muse and a Nightingale and even though I love my Nightingale I don't wear it as often because I prefer to carry my bag on my shoulder and I am not a fan of the long strap on the Nightingale and how it hangs when I carry it with the strap. The Muse is easier for me to carry. I think longevity wise they are both quite classic but the Muse is more so imo.

OP, have you figured out which to get? Just curious...

No I have not and unfortunately I am now trying to choose between even more bags! From Ysl, debating between the large muse or medium eAsy; from Givenchy, the medium antigona, medium nightingale or medium pandora. Ideally I would like one from each designer, both bags in black. I'm leaning towards the easy and antigona. I'm loving the easy in your avatar! Any cons I should be aware of? I'm 5'7" but have a small frame- do you think the size would be overwhelming on me?

^^ I am currently in love with the Givenchy Pandora (and the Nightingale is close behind) but I love unstructured bags. Do you generally prefer structured or unstructured?

No I have not and unfortunately I am now trying to choose between even more bags! From Ysl, debating between the large muse or medium eAsy; from Givenchy, the medium antigona, medium nightingale or medium pandora. Ideally I would like one from each designer, both bags in black. I'm leaning towards the easy and antigona. I'm loving the easy in your avatar! Any cons I should be aware of? I'm 5'7" but have a small frame- do you think the size would be overwhelming on me?

Easy!!!! All the way! It's the best of both worlds! Slouchy and relaxed and chic and elegant.

I own an Easy and I'm currently eyeing an Antigona! Those two bags are pretty different though - the Easy is more casual but chic as grietje said above, while the Antigona is more sleek looking and formal. They're both really lovely! That said, try each of them on and determine which one you'd put to more use. Or alternatively you could get both...