Givenchy Nightingale - IT bag or staple?

Babi

O.G.
Feb 9, 2007
Ok, we can't talk about classic bags so easily, so I wrote "staple" instead.
Let me explain.
I'm a Balenciaga lover who's trying to diversify a bit and don't want an IT bag (to me B.bags aren't IT bags either, for example, after 8 years on the market), in fact I'm also considering BV.
Two totally different brands and styles.

Since I saw pictures of celebrities carrying these Givenchys, I'm wondering if this fact made them popular for a while, so IT...Or do you this they have become a staple?
Would love to have your opinions, thank you!:yahoo:

It's definitely a staple, the shape is so classic and chic. Nothing overly trendy about it but even though right now it's an "IT" bag, it seems like you'll be able to use it throughout the years.

Thank you everyone.

Yes, the shape is very simple not "crowded" and that's what I like. The leather looks durable, yet they say it's not a heavy bag.
No logos, except for those small signs near the handles.

I don't really like the recent versions with bright colors and patent leather: I prefer black and brown, but it's just my taste.

I am loving this bag too and just wonder does anyone know the price in Paris or London, please? I will be visiting these 2 places in September. Does this bag ever go on sale?

I must be the only one who just doesn't get these bags!! I REALLY don't like the shape, the leather or the price. I've seen them IRL a couple of times as I just wanted to see why everyone wants one. I think the handles look very strange the way they are attached and the rest of the bag is so BORING.

Sorry to be so negative but I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!! But heh, if it's your thing, GO FOR IT!!

(I also don't get the Alexander Wang duffle bag thing either but again, I am obviously in the minority!)