Givenchy newbie needs help on Antigona sizing & leather

Jun 4, 2006
Hi all, as a Givenchy newbie I am interested in getting a red antigona for the new season. But I am confused and so please educate me~

I am looking at these three bags now:

1) http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/Gi...cat000000cat000002cat000008cat365204cat271900

2) http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/designer-givenchy-antigona-bag-item-10336143.aspx

3) http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/designer-givenchy-antigona-bag-item-10336146.aspx

In terms of leather, I think I like the leather on 2) & 3), which seems to be pebble leather while 1) is "Matte Calfskin". My question is which leather type is more durable? Seems to me the matte calfskin on 1) is easier to get scratched? And which type of leather would get slouchy easier/faster?

Also, I am so confused with the sizing! I think the antigona comes in 2 sizes? The size on 1) looks good to me (I am 5'2", 125 lbs). But I am unsure about the two tones and may want to get 2) or 3), but is 2) smaller than 1)? Yet 3) seems larger than 1)....so there are three sizes???

I normally love big bags, but my big bags are all slouchy (i.e. Bal work) so they don't look that big...with the antigona tho, it is more structured so now I am very unsure about what size suits me the best!

Any advice would be great! TIA!!

(1) and (3) are the medium size.
(2) is the small.
I chose the small size as it fits me and my lifestyle now. You can browse through the threads here to get some idea of the various sizes if you do not have the chance to try it instore IRL.

Farfetch has pretty good modeling pics as you can see from the pics they have.
I love smooth calfskin but in the end decided on the pebbled goatskin as it is more durable, worry free and light as well. I think from what I read on this forum, goatskin (pebbled) is softer.
Hope that helps.
Red is super stunning and I hope you find yours soon.

^ Thanks, I am also curious about the weight of the bag, I am so used to lightweight bags like Bal (note: I can't even handle the weight on the original giant hardware on Bal bags as they are too heavy for me). Is 2) heavy?? No matter how popular or nice the bag is, if it's on the heavy side it kills the deal for me (think Celine Mini luggage!)

go for #2, sounds like it's made for you. and grab it before it's gone...small ants are flying off the shelves.

^ Thanks, I am also curious about the weight of the bag, I am so used to lightweight bags like Bal (note: I can't even handle the weight on the original giant hardware on Bal bags as they are too heavy for me). Is 2) heavy?? No matter how popular or nice the bag is, if it's on the heavy side it kills the deal for me (think Celine Mini luggage!)

I also think you should go for #2.
I have the goatskin small antigona (just got it) and it is pretty light. Much lighter than the Celine mini luggage for sure.
Good luck and hope to see your reveal soon.

I'm 5'6 1/2" and skinny and I have both the small and medium antigonas. I really like the small size-I feel it looks more elegant and cuter on me. Haven't even worn the medium out yet-but it's so gorgeous I don't want to get rid of it although I feel like I'll reach for the small every time. The small is pretty light. Good luck deciding and act fast if you want a small!

I'm 5'6 1/2" and skinny and I have both the small and medium antigonas. I really like the small size-I feel it looks more elegant and cuter on me. Haven't even worn the medium out yet-but it's so gorgeous I don't want to get rid of it although I feel like I'll reach for the small every time. The small is pretty light. Good luck deciding and act fast if you want a small!

I think youre the first member that has both sm & med ants...would you mind sharing some sz comparison pics, and w/ mod shots wod be fab. Many tpfers seem to request this. It'd be ever helpful, thanks.

Heehee I'm more of a silent reader type-hence my very few posts-but yes I'll try to take some pics with my iPhone tomorrow afternoon when I have time. Is it easy to upload the photos using the TPF app?

Heehee I'm more of a silent reader type-hence my very few posts-but yes I'll try to take some pics with my iPhone tomorrow afternoon when I have time. Is it easy to upload the photos using the TPF app?

Yay, if ur pics r too big, download a free app called 'reduce photo size' and its easy peasy to resize, save and reupload on tpf.

Finally some mod pics eeks! I'm blushing... I don't really wear the small on the shoulder because the handles sort of get into the way slightly so I would have to push it back. Apologies for the poor lighting and busy background...

Attachments

• image-817321923.jpg
    image-817321923.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 1,225
  • image-3477790281.jpg
    image-3477790281.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 1,263
I haven't used the medium yet because I thought it looks bulky on me but now that I see these pics I think it may actually look all right?

Attachments

• image-1390725732.jpg
    image-1390725732.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 1,360
  • image-1456363314.jpg
    image-1456363314.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 1,250