Givenchy Medium Pandora in Washed Anthracite of Black with Studs???

Dec 31, 2008
Hi there,
Having been a Balenciaga fan for years, I've recently (where have I been?! :shocked:) been introduced to the wonders of the Givenchy Pandora.
I've seen both the studded Black Pandora and the Washed leather in Anthracite.
Firstly, is the anthracite a taupe/grey or charcoal grey?!
Also, if you had the choice what would you go for? :confused1::confused1:
(Incidentally I love the washed finish and I think it flattens against itself more easily.)
I have the chance to buy either of these and would simply :heart: your thoughts!

TIA,
MFD xx

Hello! I would say the anthracite is more a taupe/grey. I would definitely get the pepe leather it wears very well and i love the look a lot more than the goatskin/sugar leather

Pepe first choice for panda. The leather just goes so well with this unique bag shape.

If you are not a texture fan, then go with smooth calf. The studs are super cool, but maybe w/ panda, its cool enough already?

Thankyou both! Sorry to sound dumb but is the pepe leather the crinkled washed leather look? Is that what you mean?
What's the sugar leather? Is this the same as the calf leather? (Sorry not familiar with Givenchy finishes, although I know Bal's back to front :biggrin:)
TIA.
x

Last edited:
Hello! I would say the anthracite is more a taupe/grey. I would definitely get the pepe leather it wears very well and i love the look a lot more than the goatskin/sugar leather
Thanks Yogathlete - I really appreciate the clarification and a taupe/grey is hugely versatile!
Re the leather on the black studded one it's a smooth (calf?)skin and the anthracite is in wrinkled (pepe?) leather.
I've seen them online and I'm worried that I'll make the wrong decision :confused1:

Thankyou both! Sorry to sound dumb but is the pepe leather the crinkled washed leather look? Is that what you mean?
What's the sugar leather? Is this the same as the calf leather? (Sorry not familiar with Givenchy finishes, although I know Bal's back to front :biggrin:)
TIA.
x
Pepe is the washed wrinkled leather, sugar leather is goatskin not calf. Hope that helps

Yes, the pepe leather is the wrinkled leather which I definitely think fits the bag's style a lot more! Each size fits a lot more than it looks. I have the small size and it fits A LOT.

OMG ladies (and gents!) - I now have BOTH Pandy's in my possession!!!! :nuts::nuts::nuts:
As it's getting late here in London and i'm out tonight, I will post pics of each on here tomorrow to get a view as to which one you think I should keep.
The black studs leather version is smooth calf leather I think. Very soft but not as soft as the Nightingale totes I've felt before...
I will post some pics tomorrow; in the meantime have a great day/evening!

:smile: x

Reactions: maianh_96 and Elizz
Thanks GivenchyBA - I have to say I do like it and as I already have a lovely Balenciaga City in veiny black agneau
leather with silver regular hardware then I think the Pandy with silver studs is too similar in terms of colourways.
Sorry I've not yet got around to posting the piccies - I'm working right up to Xmas so I'll probably post them during the holidays and we can get a vote going!
Watch this space! :biggrin:
x

Hello there! Sorry for the delay in getting pics up but what with Christmas and all....

Sooo.... here are the two bags in my possession - Anthracite Pepe leather med Pandy and the smooth (sugar?) studded med Pandy in Black...
I'd love to know which you prefer. I've already got a black Bal city with silver regular hardware which I adore, so I think maybe the Anthracite which is more of a taupe-y neutral shade. However I love the buttery smooth leather of the Black one and the studs are really stunning!

I'm getting well confused this end, I can assure you ;) so I'd simply love to hear your take on them. TIA and Happy 2017! :yahoo:

IMG_6915.JPG IMG_6916.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6916.JPG
    IMG_6916.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_6917.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_6919.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_6917.JPG
    IMG_6917.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_6918.JPG
    IMG_6918.JPG
    233.3 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_6919.JPG
    IMG_6919.JPG
    178.3 KB · Views: 392
Reactions: Pollie-Jean
Hi MFD, its a tough call. I normally am a pepe fan, but for some reason, the anthracite isn't calling out to me as much. Maybe because it looks rust colored in the pics?

I also get the feeling u like soft smooshy hugs ur body? If so, definitely stick with the lambskin leather/pepe. The calf will soften up, but its a sturdier leather and the studs help keep the form longer.

I dont think ur Bal will be too similar to the studded panda. This bag is really too unique! But really, I think you should get another pepe panda in navy or green (and I own both) and they're great to style with.

Btw, I was just in barneys yesterday and feeling up all the H bags. They had the most beautiful new pepe color in almost a dark forest green. Swoon...[emoji43]

Reactions: mayfairdolly
Hi Randr21

Thanks for your insight.

The pepe is more taupe than it appears in the pics with no orange/red tones at all so it's a veritable beauty! And it was a steal from Cruise Fashion (bricks and mortar fashion business in the UK with e-commerce platform so completely reliable).
I think although I like the carpet studded black Pandora I've decided to let that one go back to the online retailer I bought it from. It was appreciably more expensive and although I love the leather (reminds me of the Nightingale from c 3/4 years ago) it is a luxury I simply can't justify right now!

Ultimately I'm trying to save for a new car so I'm trying to pare back my extensive bag collection!

Happy holidays and here's to a cheery new year.
MFD :smile:

Hi Randr21

Thanks for your insight.

The pepe is more taupe than it appears in the pics with no orange/red tones at all so it's a veritable beauty! And it was a steal from Cruise Fashion (bricks and mortar fashion business in the UK with e-commerce platform so completely reliable).
I think although I like the carpet studded black Pandora I've decided to let that one go back to the online retailer I bought it from. It was appreciably more expensive and although I love the leather (reminds me of the Nightingale from c 3/4 years ago) it is a luxury I simply can't justify right now!

Ultimately I'm trying to save for a new car so I'm trying to pare back my extensive bag collection!

Happy holidays and here's to a cheery new year.
MFD [emoji2]
Im glad you're sticking w the pep, and that it was just the lighting that distorted the color! Have a happy new years and enjoy your new bag. Hopefully it'll be in a new house soon as well. ~warmest holiday wishes.