Givenchy Low Sneakers

Izzy48

IZZY
O.G.
Jul 25, 2013
I would like to ask if anyone else has the same style sneakers in the pictures. I find them difficult to get on my feet but when on they are comfortable except for the stiff leather around the ankles. I doubt this is the shoe buy my feet which swell particularly in the summer.

My question is: does the leather soften with use or does it stretch particularly around the ankle? Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4070.JPG
    IMG_4070.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 2,957
  • IMG_4071.JPG
    IMG_4071.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 2,839
I would like to ask if anyone else has the same style sneakers in the pictures. I find them difficult to get on my feet but when on they are comfortable except for the stiff leather around the ankles. I doubt this is the shoe buy my feet which swell particularly in the summer.

My question is: does the leather soften with use or does it stretch particularly around the ankle? Any help will be appreciated.
I have the black croc-embossed version and they have not softened or stretched over time unfortunately. Yes, they are quite stiff, especially the tongue, but not so bad that I get blisters. If you're looking for a summer sneaker, I think you'll find better options out there. I just got some Golden Goose sneakers in the Starter (non-distressed) style during the Nordstrom sale and they are soft and comfy right out of the box.

Thank you for your response. I am afraid you are correct about the shoes not softening. I had tried them on while on carpet and my dog suddenly became so ill I had to rush her to the veterinary doctor. Totally forgot I had the shoes on so they are mine now. I wish I had thought before I grabbed her and ran but I didn't. As of now nothing has changed in my shoes. You are so right about the tongue being stiff. Just sick I paid what I did for a shoe I no longer want. I will look into the Golden Goose sneakers. Thanks for the recommendation.

Thank you for your response. I am afraid you are correct about the shoes not softening. I had tried them on while on carpet and my dog suddenly became so ill I had to rush her to the veterinary doctor. Totally forgot I had the shoes on so they are mine now. I wish I had thought before I grabbed her and ran but I didn't. As of now nothing has changed in my shoes. You are so right about the tongue being stiff. Just sick I paid what I did for a shoe I no longer want. I will look into the Golden Goose sneakers. Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh no, I'm sorry about your dog! You couldn't help rushing out in such an emergency. It's what any mommy would do for their baby or fur-baby. I hope your dog is better now.

Despite the stiff leather, these sneakers are still cute and have a place in your closet. It might be more comfy to wear a no-show socklet or nylon ankle socks with them. That's what I do with mine.

Not all Givenchy sneakers are stiff. I have a pair of slip-ons that are perfectly comfortable. I think the problem is with this Urban Knot style.

Another sneaker to avoid are Saint Laurents. The tongue is stiff and jabs against the foot. They are super cute, especially the star ones, but so uncomfortable! I've been tempted to get them on many occasions but can't pull the trigger, not even on sale.

Yes, look into Golden Goose or Common Projects sneakers. Both are made of softer leather and come in all-white styles. Good luck!

Oh no, I'm sorry about your dog! You couldn't help rushing out in such an emergency. It's what any mommy would do for their baby or fur-baby. I hope your dog is better now.

Despite the stiff leather, these sneakers are still cute and have a place in your closet. It might be more comfy to wear a no-show socklet or nylon ankle socks with them. That's what I do with mine.

Not all Givenchy sneakers are stiff. I have a pair of slip-ons that are perfectly comfortable. I think the problem is with this Urban Knot style.

Another sneaker to avoid are Saint Laurents. The tongue is stiff and jabs against the foot. They are super cute, especially the star ones, but so uncomfortable! I've been tempted to get them on many occasions but can't pull the trigger, not even on sale.

Yes, look into Golden Goose or Common Projects sneakers. Both are made of softer leather and come in all-white styles. Good luck!

My little Boston Terrier is doing fine thanks to the emergency skill of our vets. She was stung again by some insect and she is terribly allergic. I didn't even see what stung her and certainly didn't realize it until after I tried on the shoes. I feel terrible I didn't even see what happened and I had her and my male BT on a leash so i will pay more attention in the future. I will take your advice and continue to try the shoes because I agree with you that it is a great looking shoe. My original choice was a Saint Laurents so I am happy that didn't work out. I ordered the Golden Goose and I hope this pair works well. Thanks again for your help. I tried several places to get the shoe I liked but they were all sold out in my size but I did find this one and hope I like it as well irl.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/...warovski-crystal-embellished-leather-sneakers

My little Boston Terrier is doing fine thanks to the emergency skill of our vets. She was stung again by some insect and she is terribly allergic. I didn't even see what stung her and certainly didn't realize it until after I tried on the shoes. I feel terrible I didn't even see what happened and I had her and my male BT on a leash so i will pay more attention in the future. I will take your advice and continue to try the shoes because I agree with you that it is a great looking shoe. My original choice was a Saint Laurents so I am happy that didn't work out. I ordered the Golden Goose and I hope this pair works well. Thanks again for your help. I tried several places to get the shoe I liked but they were all sold out in my size but I did find this one and hope I like it as well irl.

https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/...warovski-crystal-embellished-leather-sneakers

I'm so glad your BT is okay! Allergic reactions are scary. Is there an equivalent to an Epi-pen for animals?

Love the Golden Goose that you ordered and hope you love them too. They look clean and undistressed, unlike the usual Superstar styles. I like the distressing but know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Highly recommend hogan sneakers, which are the most comfy pair of designer sneaks ive ever worn, and stylish to boot. I got mine on sale from farfetch.
Ah, I remember Hogan when they were owned by Tod's. Are they still owned by Tod's? When I was travelling in Italy years ago, I saw lots of stylish women wearing Hogan sneakers. I think they're hard to find in Canada and the US now. How is the sizing?

I'm so glad your BT is okay! Allergic reactions are scary. Is there an equivalent to an Epi-pen for animals?

Love the Golden Goose that you ordered and hope you love them too. They look clean and undistressed, unlike the usual Superstar styles. I like the distressing but know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

They are suppose to be undistressed but I will see. For what I want for wear the white will be better. I'll let you know how it works out.
I went to hogan.com and they are having a great sale. I found some sneakers I really like so it seems to be an excellent brand. When I saw the styles I realized a friend of mine who lives in Italy and is a native Italian wears the brand a good deal of the time. I am interested in a couple of styles an if neither of mine work I will order Hogan.

I found out from the vet there are no Epi pens for dogs. Since I will be taking her back again I am going to ask again what to do on my part if it happens again. Both times it has happened I have forced a Benadryl down her throat which is hard to do since she is such a short nose dog but it has helped until I can get her to the vet. She is not herself as of yet and I believe it is fear which makes me feel horrible because I didn't see the stings. We believe the culprits were yellow jackets which nest in the ground and if someone or a dog walk over the small hole they swarm. My husband found the nest and took care so no one else would be hurt.

If u end up trying a pair, let me know which one!
I only looked at the sale shoes and immediately found 3 styles I like. One is the Olympia, Route (the slip on with the hassles) and H222 or maybe just H22 series. If you have a favorite style, let me know if you have time. I will let you know when I get a pair.

I only looked at the sale shoes and immediately found 3 styles I like. One is the Olympia, Route (the slip on with the hassles) and H222 or maybe just H22 series. If you have a favorite style, let me know if you have time. I will let you know when I get a pair.
I love your choices, each speaks to a different part of my personality. Mine are prbly H series as I like the extra cushion at the sole, and it gives me more height since I'm petite. But the Olympia and Route are so cool, esp the latter. The top reason why I like hogan is bc of its shape. Most sneakers look bulky and wide, but hogan design is more streamlined and makes my feet look narrower, but for some reason the width isnt affected, and therefore super comfy. U can really tell this in the Olympia style. Also, the sale prices are awesome! I'm tempted to buy more even tho ive only worn 1 of 2 new pairs.

Hi
sorry to dig up an old post. Do the shoes fit TTS or do they run bigger? Wondering if I should get them in the actual size or size down.

Thanks!