Givenchy Chat Thread

Here is my new-to-me mini Pandora in pepe leather that TRR listed as Fair condition due to "heavy creasing" so I got it for an amazing price. I would say it arrived in Good condition, it would be Very Good if it hadn't had these 2 spots of discoloration.

The picture from the site makes both the spots look lighter than they actually were before, I wish I'd taken my own picture. One seemed to be a burn mark about 1cm wide and then right next to it on the bottom panel, there was a faint oil stain. I tried Hussard spray on both (used a q-tip to apply it to the small spot). It didn't have any effect on the small spot but it managed to lift the ring of the oil stain pretty well after 3 applications, but that also lightened the original leather unfortunately.

I mixed up a little Angelus paint to cover the small spot and used Lettro colorant balm to fix up the oil stained area. I think the balm was a good match (maybe slightly too reddish). But I'm a bit sad it took away from some of the contrast of the original distressing, it's a more uniform tone now. Overall I am happy with the results but if I did it again I might try 'diluting' the colorant balm with the colorless balm from the same brand so it wouldn't be quite as opaque. But at the end of the day I would rather look at something slightly-too-uniform than a big stain ring.

Has anyone else tried fixing their pepe leather? Is there anything else I should try at this point or just leave well enough alone?

GIV135227_4_enlarged.jpg

pixlr_20220810215806639.jpg

Here is my new-to-me mini Pandora in pepe leather that TRR listed as Fair condition due to "heavy creasing" so I got it for an amazing price. I would say it arrived in Good condition, it would be Very Good if it hadn't had these 2 spots of discoloration.

The picture from the site makes both the spots look lighter than they actually were before, I wish I'd taken my own picture. One seemed to be a burn mark about 1cm wide and then right next to it on the bottom panel, there was a faint oil stain. I tried Hussard spray on both (used a q-tip to apply it to the small spot). It didn't have any effect on the small spot but it managed to lift the ring of the oil stain pretty well after 3 applications, but that also lightened the original leather unfortunately.

I mixed up a little Angelus paint to cover the small spot and used Lettro colorant balm to fix up the oil stained area. I think the balm was a good match (maybe slightly too reddish). But I'm a bit sad it took away from some of the contrast of the original distressing, it's a more uniform tone now. Overall I am happy with the results but if I did it again I might try 'diluting' the colorant balm with the colorless balm from the same brand so it wouldn't be quite as opaque. But at the end of the day I would rather look at something slightly-too-uniform than a big stain ring.

Has anyone else tried fixing their pepe leather? Is there anything else I should try at this point or just leave well enough alone?

View attachment 5587576

View attachment 5587582
I think you're up there in terms of most knowledgeable and artistic when it comes to attempting these type of bag repairs. it looks amazing, so I'd leave it well alone. the stained areas are also towards the bottom, so not as noticeable.
wear it for a year and see how it fares before doing anything else.

I think you're up there in terms of most knowledgeable and artistic when it comes to attempting these type of bag repairs. it looks amazing, so I'd leave it well alone. the stained areas are also towards the bottom, so not as noticeable.
wear it for a year and see how it fares before doing anything else.
Thank you!! That is good advice, I think a year from now I probably won't notice the small issues much especially since they aren't visible when wearing the bag as you said. I tend to hone in on stuff when I've been staring at it too long. I wore it out today and loved it! So happy to have my first Givenchy!

View attachment 5587576

View attachment 5587582
This is what concerns me about purchasing a handbag from TRR. I don't like that they’re final sale/buyer beware. If the bag isn’t exactly as described or the photos where altered to improve appearance, then you’re stuck. (Not saying TRR did this, just an overall concern for any pre-loved vendor.) Sorry you had to go through this, but kudos to you for finding a solution. The bag is gorgeous!!!

Reactions: MagicWand and ILP
This is what concerns me about purchasing a handbag from TRR. I don't like that they’re final sale/buyer beware. If the bag isn’t exactly as described or the photos where altered to improve appearance, then you’re stuck. (Not saying TRR did this, just an overall concern for any pre-loved vendor.) Sorry you had to go through this, but kudos to you for finding a solution. The bag is gorgeous!!!
thank you! I think they do use washed-out lightning or some other sort of post-production stuff to make the flaws seem less severe than they really are. I can't resist some of their prices but at this point I know not to trust the (very few) pictures they post.

Not sure if this question is specific to the Antigona is applicable to Givenchy more broadly, but can anyone speak to the difference between the "shiny lord" leather and the "buffed calfskin" leather? Particularly in terms of wear? Is the buffed calfskin shiny at all, or totally matte?

Hi everyone! I'm a bit new to the designer bag scene and just ordered the Givenchy Medium Moon Cutout Bag in Black. I am a bit confused about this bag and would love your opinion. The chain on the official Givenchy website looks removable. You can see that the chain has a cross bar going across as well as a small opening. However, I initially ordered this bag on Neiman and in person, the bag's chain looks different. The top link was a continuous loop, no opening and no crossbar. I ended up returning it because I wanted to option to choose between the leather strap and silver chain. I saw that the Gcube chain is being sold on SSENSE separately and it looks identical to the chain in the picture of the bag on Givenchy.

I've called several US boutiques and the Givenchy customer service and got mixed replies.

I'd love your opinion! thanks

Here's the link to the bag: https://www.givenchy.com/us/en-US/medium-moon-cut-out-bag-in-leather/BB50LWB1A4-001.html#start=1

View attachment 5379323

View attachment 5379324
Trying to reattach the leather strap to small givenchy moon cut bag Absolutely fluxmoxxed how to attach the leather strap. Chain is affixed permanently and I took off the leather strap to use chsin strap alone. Now cant figure out how to get leather strap back on. Very complicated or am I thick??

Hello,
I hope this is the correct space to post. I purchased the Antigona soft lock and would like suggestions for a purse organizer/ insert. It’s a fairly new style and I gave not seen anything on Samorga site. I hope someone can advise…thanks

Hi all, I'm new and excited to be here! Wanted to ask here what would you do in this situation?

I recently purchased my first dream luxury bag - the Givenchy mini Antigona in the box calf leather! Unfortunately, within two weeks of receiving it (even though I was incredibly careful with it) my child accidentally got a couple drops of nail glue on the bag, which dried and damaged the leather almost instantly. Devastated, I took it to a leather repair shop and while they fixed it up the best they could, the front of the bag is no longer as smooth as it once was.

The glue was apparently sanded down so it could be removed, so the dents are still slightly visible, but the main issue is that section of the bag was recolored with black dye that's slightly darker/shinier than the rest of the leather. It's barely noticeable for the most part, but you can see it clearly under bright light at the right angle - the color and shine is different, it appears almost as if a bit of oil got rubbed onto a section of the bag.

I got the bag from a consignment store (in brand-new condition) so I can't return it and I'm not sure if Givenchy customer service would be any help. But I'm considering reselling this bag to get a new one. Even though the rest of the bag is in perfect condition, I know the repaired section would probably tank its resale value, so if I did sell it and buy a new one I'd be losing a lot of money. However this was really my dream bag that I planned to keep for years to come, and I'm so sad it got damaged before I ever really got to use it. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to resell/buy, or if I could live with the bag in its current state? Would appreciate any other thoughts/input!

IMG_5309.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5311.JPG

IMG_5312.JPG

Hi all, I'm new and excited to be here! Wanted to ask here what would you do in this situation?

I recently purchased my first dream luxury bag - the Givenchy mini Antigona in the box calf leather! Unfortunately, within two weeks of receiving it (even though I was incredibly careful with it) my child accidentally got a couple drops of nail glue on the bag, which dried and damaged the leather almost instantly. Devastated, I took it to a leather repair shop and while they fixed it up the best they could, the front of the bag is no longer as smooth as it once was.

The glue was apparently sanded down so it could be removed, so the dents are still slightly visible, but the main issue is that section of the bag was recolored with black dye that's slightly darker/shinier than the rest of the leather. It's barely noticeable for the most part, but you can see it clearly under bright light at the right angle - the color and shine is different, it appears almost as if a bit of oil got rubbed onto a section of the bag.

I got the bag from a consignment store (in brand-new condition) so I can't return it and I'm not sure if Givenchy customer service would be any help. But I'm considering reselling this bag to get a new one. Even though the rest of the bag is in perfect condition, I know the repaired section would probably tank its resale value, so if I did sell it and buy a new one I'd be losing a lot of money. However this was really my dream bag that I planned to keep for years to come, and I'm so sad it got damaged before I ever really got to use it. I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to resell/buy, or if I could live with the bag in its current state? Would appreciate any other thoughts/input!

View attachment 5642474

View attachment 5642475

View attachment 5642476

View attachment 5642477
I'd post this in its own thread to get more input, but it's a shame that it happened. given it's your dream bag, i'd sell it to fund another one. i'd feel like the mark would color my "dream" of owning this bag in its ideal state. it may be at a loss, but since you bought it at consignment, you already saved by not paying retail. try to find another deal on this bag and then sell this one to someone else who'd appreciate it as is.

Reactions: angelglass