Givenchy Chat Thread

I have recently been gifted the cross3 as an early birthday present and I LOVE it! I first saw it in-store in London when it had recently launched in black, I wasn't really sure about the suede and was really torn between it and the mini peekaboo in pink. Then I saw it again in Rome in mustard, loved it but decided that I wanted something more "vibrant" and really loved the pink. My husband finally saw it heavily discounted in pink on Farfetch and just got it for my birthday. I am over the moon!! I just love it and it is really making me consider buying the "old" Antigona. Now if only I could decide between the medium and the small :lol:

Agree with @JenJBS pics would be lovely. You should start a thread for the cross3, since I couldn't find one on our subforum. Your review and any thoughts are always helpful for others interested in this bag.

And happy birthday~

Reactions: EvaH and JenJBS
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

I have attached a picture of the bag. I haven't worn it yet but will post some pictures when I do. What I love so far is that it sits perfectly right on the hip when worn crossbody for my height (168cm), it is not too high and not too low. It is also very lightweight and surprisingly roomy (it opens fully which is great), the pocket at the front is so useful as well! I want to use it as my everyday bag so I am looking forward to seeing how the suede lining inside and the suede at the bottom/side of the bag do.

Let me check what is actually included on a first post of the cross3 and I might go for it :smile: It is true that I have seen a lot of info on the Antigona but less so on the cross3!

P1150610.JPG

Hi, there! Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a micro vs. mini size Givenchy Nightingale (the newer version - the bags I'm looking at were made in 2016-2017)? I have seen measurement charts, but I'm confused as to why some are called micro and some mini. Additionally, measurements are listed, but how do they measure it (it is a non-structured type purse)? I want to be sure I'm looking at the right size. I've seen some listed as "medium" places, and then they look like the "small" size, so I'm just confused on the measurements and how to actually measure them. It is difficult to judge from pictures because the bags sort of collapse onto themselves, so tough to get a feel for the size. Thank you!

Hi, there! Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a micro vs. mini size Givenchy Nightingale (the newer version - the bags I'm looking at were made in 2016-2017)? I have seen measurement charts, but I'm confused as to why some are called micro and some mini. Additionally, measurements are listed, but how do they measure it (it is a non-structured type purse)? I want to be sure I'm looking at the right size. I've seen some listed as "medium" places, and then they look like the "small" size, so I'm just confused on the measurements and how to actually measure them. It is difficult to judge from pictures because the bags sort of collapse onto themselves, so tough to get a feel for the size. Thank you!

Givenchy sizing can be confusing, esp when listed on preloved sites that are not familiar with brand or don't do their homework.

Therefore, my suggestion is to start with a generic search on the new style gale you're looking for and go by the measurements.

For reference, I have a small. As you can see, I measured the base panel and it's about 11 inches. If you see anything less than 11, then it's definitely not a small.

20200919_164857.jpg

Givenchy sizing can be confusing, esp when listed on preloved sites that are not familiar with brand or don't do their homework.

Therefore, my suggestion is to start with a generic search on the new style gale you're looking for and go by the measurements.

For reference, I have a small. As you can see, I measured the base panel and it's about 11 inches. If you see anything less than 11, then it's definitely not a small.

View attachment 4853396
Thank you! I figured that might be the case with preloved sites. I was so confused. I appreciate the help!

HELP!! I am debating between the MINI ANTIGONA IN BLACK SMOOTH LEATHER or MINI ANTIGONA IN PEARLY GREY...
FYI, I already have the Celine Nano Luggage black in pebbled leather :smile:

HELP!! I am debating between the MINI ANTIGONA IN BLACK SMOOTH LEATHER or MINI ANTIGONA IN PEARLY GREY...
FYI, I already have the Celine Nano Luggage black in pebbled leather :smile:

As to the color, it's definitely a matter of preference. However, I think smooth leather is sturdier than goat leather judging from the wear of the bags listed at fashionphile. And black just seems low maintainance. I think the pearl gray color is susceptible to color transfer/fading. See: https://www.fashionphile.com/givenchy-sugar-goatskin-mini-antigona-pearl-grey-474554

But if you really want a light colored bag, you just accept its cons and take care of it. As long as it is ts truly what you want. I have a beige Antigona and I really make a conscious effort to take care of it.

As to the color, it's definitely a matter of preference. However, I think smooth leather is sturdier than goat leather judging from the wear of the bags listed at fashionphile. And black just seems low maintainance. I think the pearl gray color is susceptible to color transfer/fading. See: https://www.fashionphile.com/givenchy-sugar-goatskin-mini-antigona-pearl-grey-474554

But if you really want a light colored bag, you just accept its cons and take care of it. As long as it is ts truly what you want. I have a beige Antigona and I really make a conscious effort to take care of it.
thanks for your reply.. I really appreciate it.. I wanted the black too but I already have the Celine Nano Luggage which I think has a similar style..

also, do you put something to protect your beige antigona?

Just wanted to vent: spotted this from the back at my local TJ Maxx and thought it was a knock-off. Imagine my surprise when I saw the front...

What is this?! :confused1: I mean, I might be biased bc I'm more a Givenchy girl but I do have some Valentino shoes... Is this a sub-level of the brand? It looks like a fake of itself, but that pricing! :eek: A Valentino-Antigona-wanna-be? I can't be the only one who's seeing this.

Just needed to put that out there. :tdown:
20201129_171302.jpg
V.S.
20201129_181349.jpg

Reactions: Sterntalerli
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

I have attached a picture of the bag. I haven't worn it yet but will post some pictures when I do. What I love so far is that it sits perfectly right on the hip when worn crossbody for my height (168cm), it is not too high and not too low. It is also very lightweight and surprisingly roomy (it opens fully which is great), the pocket at the front is so useful as well! I want to use it as my everyday bag so I am looking forward to seeing how the suede lining inside and the suede at the bottom/side of the bag do.

Let me check what is actually included on a first post of the cross3 and I might go for it :smile: It is true that I have seen a lot of info on the Antigona but less so on the cross3!

View attachment 4831088
Oo congratulations! I have the cross 3 in black croc and I LOVE it! I honestly thing givenchy is such an underrated design with so many gems - love that the cross3 can be worn casually as a crossbody, dressy as a clutch and also worn on the shoulder with the chain. love love love it!

Oo congratulations! I have the cross 3 in black croc and I LOVE it! I honestly thing givenchy is such an underrated design with so many gems - love that the cross3 can be worn casually as a crossbody, dressy as a clutch and also worn on the shoulder with the chain. love love love it!

I am thinking of buying a cross3! I've come across some people that say that the leather is not good quality or the edges started scuffing badly after a monthly, with just mild usage. Any issues with yours since you bought it? Also wondering why wondering if there is different quality among made in Romania, Maldova, Italy, etc...TIA!

Just wanted to vent: spotted this from the back at my local TJ Maxx and thought it was a knock-off. Imagine my surprise when I saw the front...

What is this?! :confused1: I mean, I might be biased bc I'm more a Givenchy girl but I do have some Valentino shoes... Is this a sub-level of the brand? It looks like a fake of itself, but that pricing! :eek: A Valentino-Antigona-wanna-be? I can't be the only one who's seeing this.

Just needed to put that out there. :tdown:
View attachment 4917432
V.S.
View attachment 4917434
This is NOT Valentino Garavani. It is Mario Valentino which is significantly cheaper and does copy other brands. I think this lesser brand counts on people confusing it for Valentino Garavani. TJ Maxx obviously did when deciding on pricing. I believe their bags usually cost around $500 USD.