Givenchy Broken Bag - Please Help! :(

kcarmona

Feb 21, 2013
A while back, I purchased a Givenchy Ponyhair Abstract Flower Minaudiere from NM. I purchased it on sale. I kept it safely stored in the dustbag for a few months, and a few nights ago I decided to finally take it out. I was using it with the chain strap when suddenly things started falling out of it! After only a few hours, the glue basically holding the bag together had come apart and now the bag is unusable! For a bag that cost this much, and for a brand like Givenchy, I really did not expect this. Anyways, I contacted Givenchy via email and got this message:

Madam,

We have duly received your recent email and wish to thank you for your interest in Maison Givenchy.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the incident encountered with your Minaudiere.

In order to enable our ateliers to inspect your item, we invite you to visit one of our boutiques, bringing with you the item, its reference (on tag and/or invoice) and the corresponding invoice.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience you may have experienced and truly thank you for your loyalty to our brand.

The problem is, I don't even know if there is a Givenchy store in my area! (Miami)

Please tell me how I should proceed. Should I email Givenchy back and ask if it's possible to send them the bag or pictures of the bag? I'm at a loss here. Thanks guys.

givenchybag1.jpg
givenchybag2.jpg
givenchybag3.jpg
givenchybag5.jpg
givenchybag6.jpg

Oh dear that's terrible! :nogood:
I did a quick search on google, there's only a Givenchy perfume store in Miami, and the official Givenchy website directs you to major department stores.
ckINCwI.png

I guess you should go back to NM and get them to send your beautiful minaudiere to Givenchy? Hope it works out for you!

you should go back to NM first to see what they can do about it, since you purchased it from them. Exhaust all resources here before moving to plan B.

If that fails, call Givenchy Las Vegas and see if they can fix it. They may have a repairs dept. If not, they may be able to send it to HQ for repairs. Make sure you take pictures, or get tracking, etc. when you send the pkg. And then always have a main contact person's name/repair ID of some sort as evidentiary support if something goes wrong.

I've had similar issues with glue residue, but not for a G bag. They'll probably be able to glue it back without sending it out, but who knows what they're process is.

Thanks for your advice guys! I'm sorry but I forgot to say that it was actually purchased at a NM Last Call so I don't really think taking it back is an option :sad: I emailed Givenchy back asking what the best option is since I do not have a store near me, and I attached these pictures. Hopefully they can help!

Thanks for your advice guys! I'm sorry but I forgot to say that it was actually purchased at a NM Last Call so I don't really think taking it back is an option :sad: I emailed Givenchy back asking what the best option is since I do not have a store near me, and I attached these pictures. Hopefully they can help!
Do check that. You should still have a right to have the bag repaired.

I've asked this before at Givenchy store. Same thing, my SA told me just bring the invoice so they can track the record of the bag or authenticity. And also they can only repair the hardware and unravelling stitches but they cannot repair damage leather.

So basically I'm on my own in terms of fixing it? :sad:

I think in your case, they can definitely accommodate your clutch. My SA told me that punctured, scratched or tear leather are cannot be fixed. They can buffed the scratched leather but they cannot make it look as new. Likewise others advised try bringing your bag to the store you got it. I remember when I got my Bal (i bought it in a luxury dept store) I was told if any damage and repair I can bring my bag to them have it repaired (with charge of course). Don't lost hope just yet its lovely clutch its worth it to have it fixed.

Hi, bad thing is also happening to my calf hair Nightingale. My bag now has several bald spots and I don't know what should I do to fix them or even preventing to make them worse :crybaby:

Photo29-06-2014091437am_zpsa0ceb64f.jpg

Photo29-06-2014091443am_zps4bfddbce.jpg

Photo29-06-2014091454am_zpsc4b4e193.jpg

Photo29-06-2014091458am_zpsa68d2404.jpg

I tried to find Givenchy Flagship store here in London but I couldn't find any.. May I ask how did you contact them, kcarmona? I have such a hard time browsing through Givenchy's official website..

Hi, bad thing is also happening to my calf hair Nightingale. My bag now has several bald spots and I don't know what should I do to fix them or even preventing to make them worse :crybaby:

I tried to find Givenchy Flagship store here in London but I couldn't find any.. May I ask how did you contact them, kcarmona? I have such a hard time browsing through Givenchy's official website..

I emailed them through their "contact us" page on the Givenchy website. Also, update:

They want me to send the bag to their store in Paris but will not send a label or pay for shipping and they have not made any promises so I may end up paying $50 or so for nothing. Very confused and sad! :sad:

I emailed them through their "contact us" page on the Givenchy website. Also, update:

They want me to send the bag to their store in Paris but will not send a label or pay for shipping and they have not made any promises so I may end up paying $50 or so for nothing. Very confused and sad! :sad:

I think its only fair that you pay for shipping of your handbag to paris store. Its almost the same thing you driving to a Givenchy Flagship store. I think its worth a shot to shipped it than keep it on your closet.

That's a lovely bag. Calf hair can be delicate. I believe there is no stand alone store in London. Checking the website may be best.

I sent them an email but haven't receive any reply yet, it has been almost a week now.... :crybaby:

That's a lovely bag. Calf hair can be delicate. I believe there is no stand alone store in London. Checking the website may be best.

Thank you very much for the clarification :cry: