Givenchy Bow Cut Shoulder Bag

simsima

Jan 6, 2013
Hi ladies!

I have been looking for reviews on the bow cut bag on this forum, but surprisingly couldn't find anything (unless I have missed the thread)!

Does anyone own one? And if so, what do you think of this bag? I've been seeing it on sale in a lot of places and I am so tempted to buy, but would love to hear your thoughts on it.
I have attached some images for your reference.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_1495989453.477888.jpg
IMG_1495989549.226396.jpg IMG_1495989559.883458.jpg

highend

O.G.
Jul 2, 2006
I'd been debating this style for a while also.....but initially passed as I found them hard to locate in stores and I wanted to try it out before purchasing. However, in the last few weeks, I was able to try a few at the Givenchy store here and decided I had to have one. Unfortunately, I wasn't too crazy about the colors/leathers they had available.

So I started stalking this style which I've always preferred on Farfetch and once it popped up for 50% off I purchased it. Love it! The embellishments enhance it perfectly, and the leather is not delicate or susceptible to scratching.
bow.jpg

Since this is a long bag which inevitably will be rubbing against your clothes, I'd recommend a leather and color that you can comfortably wear without fear of color transfer. You can also wrap the chain around the flap a few times (similar to Chanel to shorten it a bit if preferred) or tuck it in to wear it as a clutch. I also recommend the largest size of the chain version for ultimate functionality (typically retails for $1750 USD in the plain leather versions without embellishments), as I believe there are 3 sizes of the chain version. The non-chain version looks bigger online, but I found that to not to be the case IRL and it's nowhere as nice with the dowdy too-short leather strap.

Good luck with your search!

simsima

Jan 6, 2013
Hi highend,
Thank you so much for this amazing review! The thing is I was looking to purchase the bag in beige or blush colour, since I already have lots of black and dark bags and you're absolutely right about the rubbing against the clothes issue! I completely forgot about that!! I had to part with some beautiful bags before due to this issue, so I wouldn't want to go through this again with this bag! The bag you got is beautiful and the embellishments on it looks gorgeous, congrats! Now that I know about the rubbing issue I would definitely reconsider buying it in a lighter colour, maybe in navy? I'll try to pop by a Givenchy store soon to check out the colours. Thanks again!