Givenchy Antigona - Size Dilemma!

Love4MK

The Blonde Bag Lady
O.G.
Oct 3, 2010
Hey all you Antigona owners!

I have been eyeing this bag for quite some time and have been trying very hard to save for it. However, I am having a bit of a dilemma (oh, the problems us bag ladies endure, lol!). I was recently in Saks just browsing and tried on the Antigona in both the small and the medium. The medium was HUGE on me and the small seemed a bit, well, small. Is the small deceiving and holds a lot more than it looks? I definitely will not be going for the medium as my mom who was with me at the time, said the size was drowning me.

So, my main question is ... is the small a good size and just looks small? For reference, I am 5'2" and about 110 pounds so I am what one would probably consider as petite. I am still a little ways off from having the full amount saved but I like to do some research before I take the official plunge!

Thanks in advance, you lovely tPFers!

You haven't made any mention of what you intend to carry in the bag. But, small should be just fine for you. As a reference, I've carried a full size IPAD, water bottle and all other types of stuff in a small without issue. I'm 5'9 size 4, have all 3 sizes....and honestly actually carry my minis most often (and most times they're not even full). For me, I go more for the aesthetic rather than what I'm carrying, as I don't carry much on most days (I've been known to wear the medium with only minimal items if it best compliments my outfit).

But as a general measure, given your size, the small should be a safe bet for you.

Good luck, they're great bags!

You haven't made any mention of what you intend to carry in the bag. But, small should be just fine for you. As a reference, I've carried a full size IPAD, water bottle and all other types of stuff in a small without issue. I'm 5'9 size 4, have all 3 sizes....and honestly actually carry my minis most often (and most times they're not even full). For me, I go more for the aesthetic rather than what I'm carrying, as I don't carry much on most days (I've been known to wear the medium with only minimal items if it best compliments my outfit).

But as a general measure, given your size, the small should be a safe bet for you.

Good luck, they're great bags!

Thanks for the input! I figured the small was my best bet. I am going to be thoroughly trying it on and testing it out before I take the plunge, but I thought asking around is always a good start. I like to get a feel for how certain bags work for certain people so I can ascertain if it will work for me.

And yes, they look like great bags! It's why I've been eyeballing it for so long, lol!

I have a medium and I'm around your height....I usually use mine as a work bag since I like to carry tons of stuff around. Size definitely depends on how you want to use it. :smile:

I have a medium and I'm around your height....I usually use mine as a work bag since I like to carry tons of stuff around. Size definitely depends on how you want to use it. :smile:

I just want to use it as a regular every day purse. I'm the kind of person that carries a crap ton of stuff when I have a large bag and then I can easily downsize my crap when I use a smaller bag. So maybe the small will actually work for me. I think I may just have to go in and try it on myself when I'm ready and see how it goes, but I do appreciate the input. That's definitely why I asked!

Small should work well for your needs. You should also consider the mini ant. Another good option for everyday, esp if you like to carry a lot.