Givenchy Antigona Mini Croc hardware question, please help!

lilimcn

Nov 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I’m new on this forum so I hope I don’t mess it up!
I just got my first Givenchy, a black mini croc Antigona, with gold hardware, from Farfetch. I noticed that the gold on the zipper is differently colored tones, is this normal?
Attached pictures, see how the gold on the ring is more yellow than the piece it’s connected to.
Would appreciate any comment❤️

Attachments

• E4600BD2-4E3D-487C-BB5D-1E01CE9F6318.jpeg
    E4600BD2-4E3D-487C-BB5D-1E01CE9F6318.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 48FD5817-B7A4-4BFE-B722-0D95B9A68DDC.jpeg
    48FD5817-B7A4-4BFE-B722-0D95B9A68DDC.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 66
I want to say that there might have been a post about different toned hardware, but you'd have to search for it in this forum...so don't take my word and do your due diligence if you're concerned. From a design perspective, I don't know why Givenchy did not make it consistent. I hope it doesn't take away from your love of this beautiful bag.

Oh I absolutely love everything else about it, and authenticity isn’t a concern (although the dust bag it came with was black and not white ), just can’t decide if the mixed color bothers me or not.. thank you so much for your insight @randr21!

If someone has/had a black bag with gold hardware, does your hardware have the same consistent color everywhere?

Last edited:
I have the mini in black croc and my zipper is a different gold tone. When I bought the bag I had the SA bring out another bag and it had the same issue with the color of the zipper. This did not deter me as I still purchased the bag and love the gold hardware.