Givenchy ANTIGONA Help Please

babykoala

Aug 16, 2008
So I need some help in my dilemma....

Can you please give all your AMAZING reasoning on which one I should get? The bag represents a gift from my MIL. However, though i Love chanel, I am not there yet to pull the trigger on getting a Chanel, which is what my MIL would have preferred me to choose.

however, I have narrowed it down to these 3 bags...
My favorite bag of all time = LV Murakami Speedy 30 in WHITE

I love the classic - but edgy with a twist.

the Kusama is great - but so not practical for everyday. The Antigona, makes me feel.. SUPER cool for some reason....

Any OTHER suggestions would be great too - thank you ladies!

LVxKusama (Red with White Polka Dots) Lockit MM

OR

Givenchy Medium? Large? (How big is the dfference?) - Antigona in the Shiny Black

or

Givenchy M/L Antigona in Red.

I would LOOOVE the Gold one though..

In my opinion, the Givenchy. Vuittons are great bags, but they're ubiquitous. Givenchy still has that under the radar and cool factor. So in order of my most recommended to least, Antigona, Kusama, Murakami. I never was a fan of the Murakami though :-/

Hmm, this is a gift from the MIL and she would rather purchase a Chanel for you eh?

Personal opinion: let your MIL buy a Chanel for you. Chanel is constantly going up in price and God only knows when those wretched people will slow that down, lol! Besides, as long as it isn't a Chanel you will hate to wear, letting her purchase what you know she would really like to gift you would be nice.

That being said, if you were spending your own money, I would say the Antigona hands down. Like someone else noted, it is not as ubiquitous as an LV or a Chanel. (I owned a Chanel bag for a month - it was a reissue, which is the only type of Chanel bags I like, and still, I couldn't bring myself to use it. I kept thinking everyone would know exactly what it is and was worried about the lambskin). Got a Celine instead and love that hardly anyone around here has a clue as to what it is and those who know keep asking me to sell it to them :biggrin: *sorry just got sidetracked*

So, as you can see, my opinion is to let your MIL buy you a Chanel (they are classics after all) especially if you don't think you would ever invest in one in the future. Buy a Givenchy Antigona with your own money and get some LV later.

Best of luck, whatever you choose. You seem to have a nice MIL. That's always a blessing.

thank you ladies for your opinions. i really appreciate it. it's was just one of those situations where you don't want to overstep your boundaries #1, nor do you want to be greedy - letting you MIL lead is key* right? Though the Kusama is a bit loud and noticeable, I think she appreciates the fact its so limited. I think I will save up for the Givenchy Antigona when I am ready to purchase another handbag - or the Murakami 30 Speedy in Black. I'm not ready to make the plunge into Chanel - and I have no good reasoning as to why... weird?

Hmm, this is a gift from the MIL and she would rather purchase a Chanel for you eh?

Personal opinion: let your MIL buy a Chanel for you. Chanel is constantly going up in price and God only knows when those wretched people will slow that down, lol! Besides, as long as it isn't a Chanel you will hate to wear, letting her purchase what you know she would really like to gift you would be nice.

That being said, if you were spending your own money, I would say the Antigona hands down. Like someone else noted, it is not as ubiquitous as an LV or a Chanel. (I owned a Chanel bag for a month - it was a reissue, which is the only type of Chanel bags I like, and still, I couldn't bring myself to use it. I kept thinking everyone would know exactly what it is and was worried about the lambskin). Got a Celine instead and love that hardly anyone around here has a clue as to what it is and those who know keep asking me to sell it to them :biggrin: *sorry just got sidetracked*

So, as you can see, my opinion is to let your MIL buy you a Chanel (they are classics after all) especially if you don't think you would ever invest in one in the future. Buy a Givenchy Antigona with your own money and get some LV later.

Best of luck, whatever you choose. You seem to have a nice MIL. That's always a blessing.

@aluxe: don't you think the celine (i'm just assuming it's the luggage tote) is very heavy? I have the Medium? circa 2011 - with the very very THICK leather and though i LOOOVE the bag - .. i put a few things in there, the essentials and I feel like my arm is falling off.... :biggrin:

@aluxe: don't you think the celine (i'm just assuming it's the luggage tote) is very heavy? I have the Medium? circa 2011 - with the very very THICK leather and though i LOOOVE the bag - .. i put a few things in there, the essentials and I feel like my arm is falling off.... :biggrin:

lol! I'm a big bag girl, but have bought smaller bags this year and am loving it. Didn't realize my shoulders were suffering.

That being said, my Celine is not a luggage but a simple large/oversize box. I can't carry the world in it, but I can carry enough. Great for running around on errands/shopping or going out with the girls.

I know the luggage is probably the most popular Celine purse, but there are other options that could be a good option for you if you so choose.

But back to your MIL-bag purchase dilemma, I believe that a Givenchy piece is essential to a collection (they make great pieces) and if you love the Antigona, then that's the way to go. I just think that when dealing with a MIL, it may work in your favor to let her get you a gift that she really wants to buy for you. You can gently guide her towards what you want, obviously.

You mention the Kusama, which one in particular are you looking at? (I've only seen 2 of them online. Are they at LV stores yet? Was at LV last week Tuesday and didn't see any...)

:biggrin:

lol! I'm a big bag girl, but have bought smaller bags this year and am loving it. Didn't realize my shoulders were suffering.

That being said, my Celine is not a luggage but a simple large/oversize box. I can't carry the world in it, but I can carry enough. Great for running around on errands/shopping or going out with the girls.

I know the luggage is probably the most popular Celine purse, but there are other options that could be a good option for you if you so choose.

But back to your MIL-bag purchase dilemma, I believe that a Givenchy piece is essential to a collection (they make great pieces) and if you love the Antigona, then that's the way to go. I just think that when dealing with a MIL, it may work in your favor to let her get you a gift that she really wants to buy for you. You can gently guide her towards what you want, obviously.

You mention the Kusama, which one in particular are you looking at? (I've only seen 2 of them online. Are they at LV stores yet? Was at LV last week Tuesday and didn't see any...)

:biggrin:
I actually have the Kusama Lockit MM - Red right now. I haven't used it yet - in case I change my mind - like exchange for Black Multicolor Speedy (don't ask me why i love this line so much)....

The Kusama launched two weeks ago - Thursday, July 26, 2012. I know the red pieces went fast - compared to the Yellow and Black.