Givenchy Antigona cleaning help

Jillianbags

Mar 16, 2018
I purchased the Pearl Grey Sugar leather Med. Antigona in 2016 and am wondering what the best way to clean the handles is? The color of the handles has turned a weird reddish brown/black color from what I’m assuming is the oils in my skin and over all wear and tear from being carried. This is the first time I’ve cleaned it after it sitting in a moving box for 10+months after moving/gutting the house. I’ve tried cleaning it with leather cleaner and conditioner from Coach and a couple other things I saw on here. The rest of the bag cleans up beautifully it’s just the handles that I’m struggling with. I searched through a good portion of the other threads but didn’t find anything specific to my same bag and color. Any helpful tips, tricks and advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you♥️

Attachments

• A615EDCA-8DB4-499B-8C17-A368A2F33BF2.jpeg
    A615EDCA-8DB4-499B-8C17-A368A2F33BF2.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 751
  • 542883F1-5FE7-4BE4-981C-8FE23696FA50.jpeg
    542883F1-5FE7-4BE4-981C-8FE23696FA50.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 763
  • 5DAE7FC3-7AD2-44F4-BBC9-8B5632D28068.jpeg
    5DAE7FC3-7AD2-44F4-BBC9-8B5632D28068.jpeg
    235.6 KB · Views: 761
I purchased the Pearl Grey Sugar leather Med. Antigona in 2016 and am wondering what the best way to clean the handles is? The color of the handles has turned a weird reddish brown/black color from what I’m assuming is the oils in my skin and over all wear and tear from being carried. This is the first time I’ve cleaned it after it sitting in a moving box for 10+months after moving/gutting the house. I’ve tried cleaning it with leather cleaner and conditioner from Coach and a couple other things I saw on here. The rest of the bag cleans up beautifully it’s just the handles that I’m struggling with. I searched through a good portion of the other threads but didn’t find anything specific to my same bag and color. Any helpful tips, tricks and advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you♥️[/QUOTE

Same issue I am having, mine is exactly the same color as yours. I took mine to Nordstrom to see if it can be fixed. I used their cleaner on the part where handle is stitched to and it turned brown like your bag. I won't get it back until mid May 2019.

I don’t believe you can reverse a problem like this. It’s oxidation from sweat and oil from your hands. I’m not sure if givenchy replaces handles. You can also have professional to repaint it as well.

I agree that I don't think that's reversable, unless you get somehow new handles. Or, you could look into getting the handles repainted-- leather surgeons does a wonderful job, though a little bit pricey.

I purchased the Pearl Grey Sugar leather Med. Antigona in 2016 and am wondering what the best way to clean the handles is? The color of the handles has turned a weird reddish brown/black color from what I’m assuming is the oils in my skin and over all wear and tear from being carried. This is the first time I’ve cleaned it after it sitting in a moving box for 10+months after moving/gutting the house. I’ve tried cleaning it with leather cleaner and conditioner from Coach and a couple other things I saw on here. The rest of the bag cleans up beautifully it’s just the handles that I’m struggling with. I searched through a good portion of the other threads but didn’t find anything specific to my same bag and color. Any helpful tips, tricks and advice would be much appreciated!! Thank you♥

Hello, did you ever solve this problem?

I have the same problem! But my Antigona’s handles is just black (black spots) not reddish (grey bag). I went to the boutique and they said they can’t help me because I didn’t purchase from a boutique. I bought it from Matchesfashion. I am so annoyed - why are they differentiating purchased from boutique and online. It’s not like I purchased it any cheaper - at the time there was no boutique in my city. Anyway - I’m very interested in this thread and whether it is possible to remove the black stains off the handles.