Givenchy Antigona: Classic or Trendy?

Givenchy Antigona: Classic or Trendy?

• Classic: here to STAY

• Trendy: Just for NOW

Results are only viewable after voting.

Td15xx

Mar 5, 2014
Hello fellow TPFers!

I am starting this thread because I need some guidance as I am new to Givenchy. I have been really interested in purchasing a Givenchy Antigona bag in either the small or medium size. I love the clean lines and minimalist design of the antigona and truly believe the bag is stunning.

MY question however is do you think Antigona is here to stay or is it just the "IT" bag at the moment ?

Also, in your opinion, is it worth it to go the preloved route or to purchase brand new? I have read that these bags do go on sale every now and then, but I have also noticed that almost every department store is backordered for this bag!

Clearly, it is a very popular and well sought after bag and I can see why...but...

is the GIvenchy Antigona Classic or Trendy?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts, advice, and opinions! :smile:

I think the Antigona has what it takes to be a classic bag... It started out slowly...nothing manic like the Luggage Tote...and gradually became more popular. I have a medium and love it!

I think the Antigona has what it takes to be a classic bag... It started out slowly...nothing manic like the Luggage Tote...and gradually became more popular. I have a medium and love it!
I agree. Unlike the Luggage (which looks like an odd face to me, and I've never gotten its appeal, even as I like other Celine bags, like the Edge), the Antigona has a classic design with some subtle twists.

The Antigona is subtle and bold, the lines are classic and edgy. It doesn't scream trendy but it grabs you when you see it. Nothing about it is "trendy". It is a unique bag among a bazillion trapeze. Antigona is a stunning classic bag with a strong commanding presence that is here to stay.

Hello fellow TPFers!

I am starting this thread because I need some guidance as I am new to Givenchy. I have been really interested in purchasing a Givenchy Antigona bag in either the small or medium size. I love the clean lines and minimalist design of the antigona and truly believe the bag is stunning.

MY question however is do you think Antigona is here to stay or is it just the "IT" bag at the moment ?

Also, in your opinion, is it worth it to go the preloved route or to purchase brand new? I have read that these bags do go on sale every now and then, but I have also noticed that almost every department store is backordered for this bag!

Clearly, it is a very popular and well sought after bag and I can see why...but...

is the GIvenchy Antigona Classic or Trendy?

Thanks so much in advance for your thoughts, advice, and opinions! :smile:
I think it's still more of a fashionista it-bag and not a mall it-bag.

I agree. Unlike the Luggage (which looks like an odd face to me, and I've never gotten its appeal, even as I like other Celine bags, like the Edge), the Antigona has a classic design with some subtle twists.

This is so true!

I don't like the Edge or Trapeze too and to compare to Luggage, Antigona is more versatile because it has shoulder strap. Definitely on my book Antigona is classic and I don't see it going away.

Thanks everyone for your comments! Definitely keep them coming!

I do agree about Antigona being classic with it's "subtle twists" and yet it's still a bag that definitely has people turning heads. I know I'm definitely one of those people wowed by the beauty of Antigona, when I see someone carrying it around here in NYC. I think this bag will be perfect for me, but now it's a matter of whether to buy preloved or new??

I have been in contact with a seller to see if she could send me clearer pictures for authentication purposes, but we shall see. If she does not get back to me, I may just take the plunge and preorder new. Ahhh decisions, decisions.

If anyone happens to know where I can find a legitimate preowned or new Antigona, please, please share!

I do agree about Antigona being classic with it's "subtle twists" and yet it's still a bag that definitely has people turning heads. I know I'm definitely one of those people wowed by the beauty of Antigona, when I see someone carrying it around here in NYC. I think this bag will be perfect for me, but now it's a matter of whether to buy preloved or new??

I have been in contact with a seller to see if she could send me clearer pictures for authentication purposes, but we shall see. If she does not get back to me, I may just take the plunge and preorder new. Ahhh decisions, decisions.

If anyone happens to know where I can find a legitimate preowned or new Antigona, please, please share!
If you buy new ...look into the new designs and colors for fall, amazing!!! The fall collection should start rolling into stores end of July "ish". There is a oxblood and a mustard color Antigona that I am drooling over.

If you buy new ...look into the new designs and colors for fall, amazing!!! The fall collection should start rolling into stores end of July "ish". There is a oxblood and a mustard color Antigona that I am drooling over.

Agreed check into it! Love the mustard and I'm not even a yellow bag kinda girl!

The only solid advice I can give you if you are dead set on pre-loved is fashionphile and yoogiscloset. They are 100% authentic and worry free.

Hmmm...I will have to check them out for sure. Do they have the fall collection available to view online already?

Check out the Givenchy site under accessories and then some online retailers have the pre-order. It is truly a wonderful surprise twice a year. Love seeing the fabulous new colors and ways they tweak the bags.