Givenchy Antigona and Serial Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

slxli

Sep 11, 2015
I have a question regarding the serial codes on the Givenchy bags. I bought the antigona this year 2016 in Holt Renfrew but when I checked the serial code it's a 2013 bag. I only found out about this because I wanted to sell this bag and the customer asked me about it. So I decided to check in holt renfrew yesterday and they were all 2016. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is this common how the bag doesn't match the year I purchased it? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 14,716
Reactions: haf_haf
According
I have a question regarding the serial codes on the Givenchy bags. I bought the antigona this year 2016 in Holt Renfrew but when I checked the serial code it's a 2013 bag. I only found out about this because I wanted to sell this bag and the customer asked me about it. So I decided to check in holt renfrew yesterday and they were all 2016. Is this something I should be worried about? Or is this common how the bag doesn't match the year I purchased it? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!
According to The Real Real, the first two characters are in reference to where it was manufactured. This is supposed to be followed by four #s....the 1st & 3rd indicate the week it was manufactured and the 2nd & 4th indicate the year. I just bought my first Antigonia and was confused by this serial number business myself. My bag has an extra "C" in between the letters & numbers. This worried me, but I've since seen other Antigonias with an extra letter.

Reactions: missphilippa
So... Is it fine to have 7 digits for the serial number? Mine has 3 letters and 4 numbers. Bought it from a very reputable online seller in Europe (mytheresa).

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2970.JPG
    IMG_2970.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 12,490
According to the tag, your bag was manufactured in 2013. That isn't a bad thing. It's an authentic bag but I have heard that retailers consolidate stock that isn't moving to a location that gets more traction. For example, Calgary isn't moving their Antigonas so remaining stock is shipped to Toronto.

By any chance, is your bag size small? I am actually looking to buy one. If you're in Canada (Toronto) that would be awesome!!

Hi! my mom just bought her Givenchy Antigona Small and we would like to know if this bag is an authentic one. the letter Y in the name Givenchy outisde the bag isn't aliligned, it raises up a little. the serial number is SC1122. please help me and my momn to find out if this bag is authentic. Thanks

I just purchased a small antigona at my local tjmaxx for $800 less than what the MSRP is on Neiman Marcus' website. I wasn't completely sure if it was authentic or a super fake because I thought to myself, how can tjmaxx sell a brand new pre-fall 2017 givenchy??? And I have heard nightmares about con artists purchasing authentic bags only to return a super fake back to the store (some lady actually got arrested for this and is facing jail time). Because of this, I decided to track down the same bag I purchased from tjmaxx at a Neiman Marcus to compare. Since the SAs don't authenticate, I did my best to authenticate it myself with the bag sold at Neiman Marcus. The bag I bought at tjmaxx looks exactly like the one at Neimans (color -oxblood/black, feel -calf leather, stitching -white thread, HW -rhodium, serial/product code). This made me think that the bag i purchased at tjmaxx is authentic and I really scored on a 2017 antigona. I was extremely nervous because my bag also had an extra C on the serial/date code that reads "3C C 0157" I checked the bag from Neiman Marcus and it had the exact same code. I am trying to find someone in the Los Angeles area to double check it's authenticity since I'm not an expert and I may have missed some details during my check and I have doubts about online authenticity sites since no one is physically touching the bag to tell me if it's real or if I was duped. If anyone knows a place, please let me know as I only have 30 days to return to tjmaxx and I definitely don't want to be scammed if I indeed bought a super fake (that would totally suck).

Hi, can anyone help to explain the serial code of my bambi tote bag? I purchased from my friend colleague.
Serial code is HI 0069. Means the bag was manufactured at 2006 rite? But she said she bought at Perth at 2016. Is this possible?
TIA

Hi, can anyone help to explain the serial code of my bambi tote bag? I purchased from my friend colleague.
Serial code is HI 0069. Means the bag was manufactured at 2006 rite? But she said she bought at Perth at 2016. Is this possible?
TIA
If it’s a color print, the earliest I’ve seen is 2012/2013 but not sure how far back the production goes for those bags. If it’s black and white, I know they released it in their 2014/2015 winter collection and again in 2017 spring collection. If you can post pics of the bag, maybe I can do some more research and try to help you figure out the product code.

If it’s a color print, the earliest I’ve seen is 2012/2013 but not sure how far back the production goes for those bags. If it’s black and white, I know they released it in their 2014/2015 winter collection and again in 2017 spring collection. If you can post pics of the bag, maybe I can do some more research and try to help you figure out the product code.

Status
Not open for further replies.