Give me an idea what to give for preschool teachers as christmas present!!

Gift cards to teacher supply store, Office Depot, Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurant gift card, movie passes, hand written note telling them what a great job they do. What not to buy: anything with an apple on it, coffee mugs, lotion, candles (I work at a school, you should see all the coffee mugs).

Sorry I'm new to this, what's wrong with lotion and candles(scented candles I pressume)?

In the past, I've given the teachers personalized tree ornaments (there are 9 teachers at our preschool). This year, I plan to bake cookies or brownies and package them up nicely. Or, maybe I'll do up some low-cost mani/pedi sets.

Sorry I'm new to this, what's wrong with lotion and candles(scented candles I pressume)?

My mom is a teacher and she gets TONS of this stuff. It isn't that she doesn't appreciate it (she always finds the gesture to be lovely) but she has so much already and it seems to be the most common teacher gift. As a result we have amassed a huge collection of bath and bodyworks everything.

Gift cards make more sense to me (allows the teacher to select for herself or regift) but if you are going to give something more tangible, a nice ornament, scarf, or pair of gloves sound good. My mom also gets lots of dish towels, boxes of chocolates, seasonal decorations, and teacher-related stuff (signs that say #1 teacher, etc.). She always made or purchased fruit baskets with nuts, cheeses, chocolates, etc. for me and my siblings to give to our teachers. She always wanted such a gift but has yet to receive one.

how bout this? It's a cold weather bottle kit:

EB07IS_0221655_487C1

EB07IS_0221655_487I1

It comes with a lip balm, gloves, headband, hot cocoa mix, handwarmers, flashlight and some other stuff.

Lotion and candles seem to be the number 1 gift. There is only so much you can use. Sometimes the recipient has allergies/asthma. What about other students with asthma. Some school discourage staff from wearing heavily scented products for this reason. Our school does.

This may sound rude or mean but I also know teachers who flat out will not eat homemade treats. They automatically throw them in the trash. I always give my husbands work buddies treats and I'm wondering if they actually eat them?

i understand the homemade treat thing, i used to work someplace where locals would bring in treats for us. one day, someone warned me...asked if i had seen a woman's kitchen? she advised not to eat the food.

eventually i did see the kitchen...let's just say that i will not eat from a home that i am unfamiliar with...ever again.

it may sound rude, but you don't necessarily know where the food came from/ or how it was prepared.

Gift cards to teacher supply store, Office Depot, Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurant gift card, movie passes, hand written note telling them what a great job they do. What not to buy: anything with an apple on it, coffee mugs, lotion, candles (I work at a school, you should see all the coffee mugs).

^ This is good advice! My mom is a teacher and I worked at a daycare during college. You really wouldn't believe the weird stuff people give teachers as gifts :shocked:

You really can't go wrong with gift cards for Target, Barnes and Noble, local shopping malls, restaurants, etc.

Don't buy candles, lotions, soaps, etc because A) the person might be allergic to it and B) you don't know what kinds of scents they like. Fragrance is a really personal thing. Also teachers get a TON of apple themed crap and let's face it, would YOU want your entire house filled with apple doodads? Didn't think so. Also, do not buy clothing or jewelry. It's just too hard to pick out for someone you don't really know and if you buy the wrong size they can't wear it and they could be offended...

IMO, a plant/flowers or a gift card is the best gift. Even if the card is only for $5 it will be appreciated :yes:

My mom is a teacher and honestly a heart felt card expressing gratitude sometimes is the best gift you can give, I have literally read some cards she has gotten from parents and been brought to tears. Any gifts are nice IMO, my mom got cookies from one kids for thanksgiving and she was soo happy. Most of the time its not actually the gift itself its knowing you are grateful for the time and effort they give your children

I would not give something for the classroom. If your child's classroom is short on supplies you can always buy and donate them. I think the gift for the teacher should be for the teacher. I would go with GC's from Starbuck's, Amazon, day spa, etc.

My mom is a teacher and honestly a heart felt card expressing gratitude sometimes is the best gift you can give, I have literally read some cards she has gotten from parents and been brought to tears. Any gifts are nice IMO, my mom got cookies from one kids for thanksgiving and she was soo happy. Most of the time its not actually the gift itself its knowing you are grateful for the time and effort they give your children

:tup: By Far ~ Top Notch Answer:yes:;)

I agree! The hand-made cards are by far the best part of the gift. Last year I got some brilliant ones and I love seeing the little 3 year olds trying to sign their name at the bottom. It really makes it personal, and I think it's very thoughtful of the parents that take the time to make them with their children for us. I could never throw any of them away, they're just too precious.