Give me an idea what to give for preschool teachers as christmas present!!

QueenOfDa702

Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
An Apple
lmao sorry, thats really the first thing that came to mind! haha
I like the certificate for a massage idea, or you could get a certificate to a restaurant in your area.
Ive never been in this situation, so Im not gonna be much help!

sarah2808

O.G.
Jul 1, 2007
Toronto Canada
I am a teacher, and my parents are always soooo generous but over the years a couple of gifts have really stood out.....
-nice gloves or scarf for yard duty
-book store gift certificates
-if you bake, homemade baked goods, you could even buy a Christmas tray to put them on.
-Christmas ornament...I have a wonderful collection of these from children that I have kept over many years.

Hope this helps;)

Speedy

Nov 1, 2007
N. California
A Gift Certificate sounds good, as well as home-baked goods.

Also, since this often comes out of the teacher's pockets, how about a few dozen crayon boxes? You can get them pretty cheap this time of year at a big-box store.

Apr 28, 2007
Washington
Gift cards to teacher supply store, Office Depot, Target, Barnes and Noble, restaurant gift card, movie passes, hand written note telling them what a great job they do. What not to buy: anything with an apple on it, coffee mugs, lotion, candles (I work at a school, you should see all the coffee mugs).

Deelove82

Dec 12, 2006
I'm a teacher and in Gerrmany we are not allowed to accept gifts. But if we were a gift certificate for a bookstore or office supply store would be really useful.

elizat

Sep 21, 2007
My mom used to put together basket type gifts, like w/ microwave popcorn, some boxed candy and a holiday type of DVD movie. Also, she used to give out homemade cookies, fudge, peanut brittle, etc, in tins.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Gift certificates for book stores (I give Barnes & Noble) go over very well. Otherwise I try to gift something that is needed for the classroom. My son's kindergarten teacher had mentioned in passing that she borrowed a globe from another teacher's classroom to show the kids something, and I bought a globe for the room.