Giuseppe Zanotti - to keep or return? Help!

tb-purselover

Aug 31, 2009
So, I have fallen in love with a pair of Giuseppe Zanotti booties. I LOVE them, absolutely. I received them today and tried them on for a little while then had to go get the kids lol. So they are at home, in a box, waiting for me to play with them.

This is the absolute most I paid for a shoe: $625 (sale price. I just missed them at $537 at 6pm.com). I have not paid more then $350 for boots. So the price is steep.

But, here is my struggle. I LOVE them, but do you all think they are too disco-ish? Do you think 3-5 years in the future they will look dated? Also, I am not sure they are 100% comfortable. The right one is pressing against my ankle a bit. It seems tight across my right foot. The left one fits perfectly. I wonder if they need breaking in time or I should just return them and the boot pressing against my ankle isn't going to change.

I am a stay at home mom, so this is a splurge. But I can see myself wearing them with skinny jeans, leggings, even skirts with tights. I think they are wearable with a lot of different things. I do like to dress nicely during the day.

These are the booties off 6pm.com (I bought them at shopbop):
http://www.6pm.com/product/7667501/color/1212

I fell in love with them on Le Blog de Betty a long time ago and have been obsessing since. The picture on Nieman Marcus' website also helped to push me over the edge.

But I worry they will become dated and if they will break in or not.

I love them though. I drool over them and when I have them on THEY ROCK and glitter and change colors based on the light. :nuts::love:

Please help me decide! I need to return them ASAP since I purchased them at shopbop.com and only have 7 days to decide to return them or not.

TIA!

Last edited:
Keep them and start wearing them now!!!!

They're super cute and the style is quite practical - they'll get more comfortable with wear :yes:

They won't look 'disco' worn down with jeans, dark tights etc and you'll wear them out before they look 'dated' (IMO good boots never look dated anyway ;) )

Enjoy!!!

I love them - I also like how Betty wears those!
Couldn't you return them to Shopbop and then order them at 6pm.com? :P

How is your usual style though, do you experiment with shoes more often or are they on these pretty extreme for you?
Would you feel comfortable wearing them when picking up the kids, for instance?

If you're reluctant, that's a steep price indeed.. Couldn't you buy a cheaper pair that's equally sparkly, to make sure these expensive babies won't gather dust in the future?

EDIT: sorry, I can't read.. I see you already stated you like to experiment a little. It's all leather so I'm sure they will "stretch" a little.
As for the "disco-ish" vibe of thoe shoes: is that even a trend right now? I think those are fine. The model has a cowboy-ish touch to it, that never really goes out of style to me!

Last edited:
if YOU love them, then WEAR them NOW!
My mom always likes to save things that she loves cuz they're too "precious" and finally when she does wear/use them the time has passed.

That said, if you're asking for *my* opinion on whether they'll be dated in a few years, I have to say yes, but this is because I don't love them like you do.

Yeah, I love them! I think I will keep them and who cares if they become dated lol. I will definitely wear them in the day to pick up the kids!

By the time I saw them at 6pm.com for $537 they were out of my size. I asked shopbop if they would price match but they shot me down :tdown:. They said they couldn't match a discount site like that. Then an hour later, literally, 6pm raised the price back up.

Thanks for the opinions! I think I will keep them and wear them.

I'm the biggest Zanotti fan in the world, (well self-proclaimed biggest fan :biggrin:) I've never regretted a GZ purchase because one thing about GZ - his styles are so innovative and different from anything else out there, that you know you'll have a shoe that will always get comments, always be stylish, and will fit your personality...

I say keep for sure and wear them out as much as you can!

They are rocking shoes but being a pragmatic person, I have to say it.
I don't think there is anything wrong w/ spending that much on shoes you love but if I can't picture myself wearing shoes that expensive in one of two scenarios
1. Every day with almost every outfit
2. 10 years from now
3. (the rare exception) a special day (like your wedding day), then I pass.
Honestly, I am not sure how much longevity glitter boots has. (They are beautiful for sure) but ......

If you wear it as much as you can and love it, that's all that matters. my only concern is the comfort of one of the shoes...maybe you can stretch it out a bit?

I would have doubts about the glitter, how will it hold up over time? I don't think it would. So that's not practical.

I *think* that if you have a GZ boutique near you, then you can definitely send them in if the glitter starts falling off (later on). They're pretty responsive and good to their customers.