Gisele..

nyaao

Member
Aug 8, 2006
825
0
Orange County
karman said:
I'm just glad Lindsay Lohan didn't get the job...or did she????
I agree. I somewhat like her, but I think she's totally wrong for LV and too immature and crazy--she wouldn't make LV more attractive, if anything she'll cheapen it.

And no, she didn't get the job. It was said that LV wants more "wordly" recognizable and respectable people.
 

sara

O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
365
10
i love love love giselle!!
at first i thought she looked manly but the more i look at her, the more beautiful she is. (in addition, her body is perfect, of course.) i think her flaw and beauty lies in her nose. it's her nose that gives her the awkward manly look, but at the same time, it draws people in.
i also wish LV would stop using celebrities and stick w/ models.
 

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
44,836
46
California
I don't really like the idea of Angelina. People already see her with that tote all the time and call it the "Angelina" tote. It gets on my nerves, especially since I had that bag WAY before Angelina ever got photographed with it. I really want to see LESS celebrities doing ads and instead, see more unknowns being featured.
Celebrities get enough exposure as it is, I don't want to see them hawking my favorite bags in every ad I see, thus cancelling out the exact name of the bag and instead being known as the "Jessica bag" or things like that. It's like people only know the bags because of who they were seen on or what celebrity had it in their ads.
That said, I did happen to favor the Christina Ricci, Scarlett Johansson and Hayden Christensen ads because they aren't completely overexposed already. I also liked the Ladies of the Desert campaign.
But Kate Moss and Naomi Cambell again this season?? I'm sure LV can find someone they HAVEN'T already used before.
 

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
7,370
2
Highland, Maryland
Lvbabydoll said:
I really want to see LESS celebrities doing ads and instead, see more unknowns being featured.
Agreed! There are so many beautiful women in this world who could showcase and embody the spirit of LV. :smile:

p.s. I'm not an Angelina Jolie fan..... she seems seedy to me. Plus, I don't think Gisele is attractive. I'd prefer to see a classic, timeless, pulled-together sophisticated woman in an LV ad; I know they exist!
 

The Snorks

Thrift Store Chic
Aug 10, 2006
1,781
1
Leelee said:
Agreed! There are so many beautiful women in this world who could showcase and embody the spirit of LV. :smile:

p.s. I'm not an Angelina Jolie fan..... she seems seedy to me. Plus, I don't think Gisele is attractive. I'd prefer to see a classic, timeless, pulled-together sophisticated woman in an LV ad; I know they exist!


Well, they used Jennifer Lopez, who lacks class IMHO, but you are right, there is a sense of something unsavory about Angelina. I still like her, though.

The model should match the image of whatever line LV is trying to advertise: the current image we see of Kate with the new leopard/mono bag is a perfect example of the model reflecting the bag. Given Kate's reputation, she reflects the bag's exotic appeal. The same goes for Uma's campaign with the Ellipse: the public sees her as a classic beauty; a stylish and sophisticated mother. Giselle=sex (blame it on Victoria's Secret) in many people's minds, so she was the perfect model for the summer line. I understand where LV is going with the celebrity campaigns--they want to not only use familiar faces, but also public personalities. Unknown models convey an outward image, but not a lifestyle. Am I making sense? I think I need more sleep because I am starting to confuse myself.:Push:
 

Leelee

Up On My Toes!
Jun 6, 2006
7,370
2
Highland, Maryland
The Snorks said:
Am I making sense? I think I need more sleep because I am starting to confuse myself.:Push:
You are making complete sense! I understand your point of view! And I myself am getting a little convoluted in my thinking because I like the idea of an unknown, chic model for LV, but on the other hand I think someone like Grace Kelly, in her day, or a younger Catherine Deneuve would be perfect for LV ads.:girlsigh:
 

The Snorks

Thrift Store Chic
Aug 10, 2006
1,781
1
Leelee said:
You are making complete sense! I understand your point of view! And I myself am getting a little convoluted in my thinking because I like the idea of an unknown, chic model for LV, but on the other hand I think someone like Grace Kelly, in her day, or a younger Catherine Deneuve would be perfect for LV ads.:girlsigh:
Catherine Deneuve, circa Belle Epoque, for the mono line, and Bridgette Bardot, circa and God Created Woman, for the summer one!
 

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
44,836
46
California
One celebrity campaign I really loved was Nicole Kidman for Chanel. To me, she's classy and elegant and really embraced all Chanel is.
Some of LVs model choices are a little odd. I'd really rather focus on the bag in the ad than the model.
 

K012EANA

Member
Jul 16, 2006
244
0
I definitely loved Uma for the ad campaign. I love Gisele but I don`t think she fit the whole "classy" role.