Girolata durability

jennifer-j

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Hi everyone,
I was looking for a bucket bag and thought the Girolata would be a good choice. The bag looks gorgeous and I also like that it can be worn as a shoulder bag or hand held bag. But when I saw it at the LV store, I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the bag. I'm worried about two things. First of all, the sides are just two pieces of canvas stitched together, with a leather strap securing it. I'm afraid that over time the stiches will become loose and I will get a tear. Secondly, the holes where the cord runs through are also just stitched and not secured with leather or metal.

I would like to use this bag as an everyday bag, so I'm looking for a durable bag without major quality issues. Does anyone have quality issues with this bag or should I just trust in the LV quality and go for it?

Hi everyone,
I was looking for a bucket bag and thought the Girolata would be a good choice. The bag looks gorgeous and I also like that it can be worn as a shoulder bag or hand held bag. But when I saw it at the LV store, I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the bag. I'm worried about two things. First of all, the sides are just two pieces of canvas stitched together, with a leather strap securing it. I'm afraid that over time the stiches will become loose and I will get a tear. Secondly, the holes where the cord runs through are also just stitched and not secured with leather or metal.

I would like to use this bag as an everyday bag, so I'm looking for a durable bag without major quality issues. Does anyone have quality issues with this bag or should I just trust in the LV quality and go for it?
I don't like the fact that it has no rivets around the cordon's holes. I would pass just for that reason.

I was about to open a thread about this bag, because I was thinking of buying one for my mom and I rarely see information about it.
If anyone owns the Girolatta and can chime in, that would be wonderful. Thanks!

I purchased the Girolata last Spring and I love, love it! It's a wonderful bag and I haven't had any quality issues and it seems very durable. LV just introduced the Girolata in mahina calfskin that is much more expensive than the azur canvas so I wouldn't think that they've had any problems with the Girolata.

Do you have Model pics?

Thanks for the info. I was the one that asked about the macbook. I have heard mixed views about the quality. I would be interested in DA but I haven't got any items with DA canvas and nervous about colour transfer for a more expensive bag.

I have a Girolata but it’s still in the box until Chicago thaws out. I like that there aren’t grommets on the bag. The drawstring openings are stitched and reinforced and it lends a more casual look to the bag.

I get what people are saying about there not being piping but to be honest, piping isn’t low maintenance to me. I am always cleaning and conditioning the leather piping on my bags. At least with coated canvas, all you need is a swipe with a baby wipe.

Drawstring and bucket bags are so trendy this year and I like the Girolata because you have the option of wearing it as a handbag, shoulder bag, or throwing a crossbody strap on it.