Girls in their 20s-- what make up is working for you right now?

WHAT?!?! WE HAVE MILANI?!?!
ahahaha. which sears did you see it at?

I've seen Milani at the Sears at Fairview Mall and out at Scarborough Towne Centre. The testers are nicer at Fairview, though - they should be on the other side of the L'Oreal, Nivea & H20 displays Sears seem to have gotten in the last little while. I've even seen the Liquif'eye's there. :yes:

I've checked out Loblaws' too; but they seem to have mostly lip stuff.

What's your HG foundation? skin type? What's the lipstick and concealer you just can't live without? Skin needs change as we age so I thought it would be nice to have a thread for all of us to be able to refer to if we need a recommendation!
HG foundation is MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I am 25 and the concealer I love is Laura Mercier (in the burgundy pot) Secret Concealer I think. HG lipstick is MAC Hug Me but I am really more into gloss. My fave is NARS Chihuahua. I have oily skin.

I've seen Milani at the Sears at Fairview Mall and out at Scarborough Towne Centre. The testers are nicer at Fairview, though - they should be on the other side of the L'Oreal, Nivea & H20 displays Sears seem to have gotten in the last little while. I've even seen the Liquif'eye's there. :yes:

I've checked out Loblaws' too; but they seem to have mostly lip stuff.

ahhh! i never go into sears and i'm always at fairview and stc! i hope they have the infinite liquid liner. i just bought liquif'eye'd too. haven't tried it yet.

you may have just made my year!!!!!! thanks!!!

Here are some of the products that I have used for a while:

Skin Type: Dry
Moisturizer: Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisture Protection and Shiseido The Skincare Night Moisture Recharge
Foundation: bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation, I also use Warmth and Mineral Veil
Concealer: I have been using bareMinerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation Well Rested, but I am not too sure if I like it... I am looking to switch my concealer soon.
Eyeshadow: Urban Decay Naked Palettes 1 and 2
Mascara: maybelline falsies
Blush: NARS orgasm
Lips: MAC (favorite MAC shades are blankety, MAC red, viva glam gaga) or YSL (favorite YSL shade is Lingerie Pink) lipstick/lipgloss

There's more but I am too lazy to add it right now :P:sleepy:

I'm 23 and would say my skins a combination of both.

Moisturizer: Clinique Superdefense 25 , i only like this because it has a high spf and does not feel heavy at all. Although im not a fan of the smell too much. I also use Clinique all about eyes rich for my undereye area. It is a decent undereye cream but still need one to target my dark circles.

Foundation: I use Mac Studio Fix Powder or Faces Power (this is a canadian company i believe)

Concealer: Mac Studio Finish Concealer.. will be switching this soon. I really want to try out Bobbi Brown concealers.

Blush: Mac Melba or Nars Orgasm are pretty much the only two i use.

Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Falsies, Mac Haute & Naughty

Eyeshadow: Too faced Natural Eye Palette (love this over urban decay naked !!)

Lips: I usually stick to Burts Bees but when going out ..Mac Kinda Sexy or Pink Nouveau

Last edited:

SKIN: combination/oily in the T-zone , very dark undereyes, skin tone around (referring to Mac) NC 40-45 all year.

FOUNDATION: For everyday use, I use Bobbi Brown's Tinted Moisturizer. For special occasions, I use either Nars sheer glow or Make Up Forever HD foundation.

CONCEALER: Mac Moisturecover is hand-down the best for undereyes.

HG: Clearisonic

Skin type: yikes, it's been all over the place now that I started retin-a. But before retin-a I was oily, but it can get dry patches in the winter.

Foundation: For everyday I use Estee Lauder's double wear light. For special occasions or when my skin doesn't need much coverage, Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk

Concealer: Tarte's smooth operator concealer (the one in a stick with amazonian clay)

Blush: YSL's creme de blush in powdery rose

Eyeshadow: If I do decide to wear eyeshadows, I like cream shadows by MAC (paint pots) and Benefit's. But I also just got the Naked2 palette which I like.

Lips: I used to shy away from bold lips but not anymore! Loving Revlon Lip Butters (candy apple is probably my favorite), but my boldest red is the matte Nars lipstick called Vesuvio.

Worth mentioning: I love Becca's shimmering skin perfector as a highlighter! I use Opal which is better suited for golden undertones.

Im 22 with normal-dry skin

Primer: Smashbox Photofinish

Foundation: Lancome Teint Idole, LOVE.. medium coverage, buildable, slightly matte finish

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero

Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal

Blush: NARS Orgasm, NARS Mata Hari

Eye Shadow: Neutrals (MAC Naked Lunch)

Lip Gloss: Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Pout

foundation - stila one step makeup (it was recently discontinued! so i am stocking up now that the price is slashed)

skin type - oily ... sometimes really oily so I'll use powder occasionally.

lipstick.concealer - i don't use either just a plan lip gloss/balm, usually something i got on sale at bath & body works :smile:

I'm 22 with dry skin.

I shy away from foundations because I think they look so cake-y and unnatural on me :P

Eyeliner: Physician's formula liquid liner pen - I love how it's a brush tip and not felt...so easy to create a quick flick! Also Mac's fluidline in Black Track.

Eyebrows: Milani brow pencil in dark brown

Mascara: Fairy Drops

Blush: Bobbi Brown, ELF duo (dupe for Nars' Orgasm and Laguna)

Eye Shadow: NYX jumbo pencil in Brown as a base, and then Naked Palette 1.

Lips: Currently loving Revlon Lip butters, and Lancome L'Absolu Nu Lipstick in Rose Veil.

I'm 26 with oily skin.

Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear or Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet

Eyeliner: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack - I have really oily eyelids and this does not budge!

Blush: Nars Orgasm and e.l.f. Candid Coral

Eye Shadow: I love MAC eyeshadows! My favorites include Satin Taupe, Woodwinked, and Carbon. I also love the Urban Decay Naked palette and Too Faced Natural Eye palette.

Lips: I am obsessed with lipsticks! Some of my MAC favorites are Faux, Pink Nouveau, Please Me, and Ruby Woo. I also like Chanel's Mademoiselle and Estee Lauder's Crystal Baby.

I'm 21 and my HG makeup items are:

-Yves Saint Laurent Matt Touch--this stuff is AMAZING! It's the only compact that controls my oily skin. I always get compliments on how flawless my skin looks.
-Diorskin Sculpt concealer
-Yves Saint Laurent Pur NUDE lipgloss
-Too Faced Beach Bunny bronzer
-Chanel Inimitable Mascara
-Chanel La Ligne de Chanel eyeliner

I'm 22 and have combination skin. My HG makeup is a bit unique as it's just a facial moisturizer (Olay) and then an application of Elf's complexion perfection powder. It's dirt cheap, but even my fiance has noticed that it makes my skin glow! (I'm naturally very pale, so it doesn't wash me out.)

Other than that, my makeup depends on whatever whim strikes me. I tend to stick to natural looking eye makeup and reddish lipstick, in general though. Complexion Perfection is my absolute favorite product, highly recommended!

I'm 21 , living in a country with summer all year long. Skin condition is combi and outbreaks occasionally.
Primer: Dior skin radiant
Foundation: Dior skin forever. Many people have commented on how my skin glows and the coverage is amazing considering how light and liquid the formula is. It last all day too
Tinted moisturizer: by terry
Loose powder: Kate cosmetics, a popular Korean brand
Eyeliner: Bobbi brown
Blusher: Laneige or benefit
Bronzer: Lancôme cherichub
Lips: Dior lip glow (repurchased it so many times) And by terry rose balm

i have dry/sensitive skin

my skin has been acting up for the past couple months and i dont know why :sad: ive been using studio gear flawless foundation and maybelline fit concealer to cover up the redness and such. i cant seem to find a facial wash my skin likes. its been extra dry lately, making cleaning my face a workout lol my skin usually likes cetaphil facial cleanser or acne free sensitive but not lately.. i was picked for self magazine to test out 5 gentle cleansers, skin hated all of them haha I think i might look in mario badescu products.. I like too faced candy leopard and pink leopard bronzer blush as well as mac hello kitty tippy blush. Ive tried other blushes like physicians formula, maybelline, revlon, elf, etc and they always break my cheeks out. Cant use powder because it always cakes on my face and breaks me out.. Ive been having a hard time because i have had clear skin uptil the end of this past year. idk what happened?? :sad: it all started with a couple pimples that came up on my cheek and didnt pop them or anything. just tried using mario badescu drying mask, queen helene mint julep masque, tea tree oil, and even hydrocortisone and nothing could make them go away and now i have scarring from them :sad: im so sad about it :sad: the best eye liner i found for my sensitive watery eyes has been tarte emphaeyes waterproof clay liner in black. I go over it with maybellines unstoppable black liquid liner. The best mascaras have been tarte lights camera lashes and maybelline colossal. i go more with lip gloss since lipsticks are too drying for my lips. I use laura mercier, mac, elf, and bourjois lip gloss. :smile: Best eye primer for me has been udpp or elf mineral eye primer. Eye shadows i like are urban decay, coastal scents, and wet n wild color icon palettes. Love nyx milk jumbo eye pencil for a base, and now im also loving maybelline color tattoo eye shadows for a long wearing shadow base.