girls in school/college: how can you afford luxury-bags?

lovely_bag

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
Hi!

I just noticed in the LV forum, how many schoolgirls (in the US?) own LV bags.

I am in my midthirties and bought my first luxury bag this week. 700$, almost a third of my monthly income.

Do you girls have wealthy parents who don't mind buying such expensive birthday-gifts or did you save your parttime-job-income for the last 3 years to buy a luxury bag?

I would be really interested to hear from you background.

btw: I live in Europe, in my city I hardly see girls with LV around. Maybe this is the reason why I am curious to read about the US girl life.

Thank you and enjoy your bag(s) :heart:

I live in Canada, and I have about ~10 LVs and im 19 and in college...I teach tennis in the summer which pays very well and all of that money goes to my personal spending ..my dad pays my schooling and appartment so that's how I afford it.

my parents pay for college, but I work every Friday and get paid $10 an hour, so I usually just donate that money towards spending.

I also make a point to purchase all of my items on sale, even my LV's are from eBay. This week I did spend $850 on bags though. :sweatdrop:

Same here, my parents pay for my schooling. But i do have two jobs and pay for all of my living expenses such as rent, car etc....I would just prefer to work hard and buy things that last longer and and are better quality because I am in the fashion industry and aesthetically it looks better for me when I am presenting myself for job interviews with the items im representing:yes:

When I went to college in the US back in the 90's. Most girls around me carried luxury bags because their parents could afford it. I was once insulted by a friend's friend, only because they didn't see me using any luxury goods.

I did not use luxury bags at that age because my family has always taught me to treasure things, and not to waste money. Since my parents were paying my tuition and living expenses at that time, I couldn't find any reason to spend their money on luxury goods, even though my father has never put any restrictions on my spendings.

I bought my first Gucci bag when I started working at age 22 or 23. Right now I am in my mid-30's, and of course I buy luxury bags, but with the money I make on my own. But I kind of prefer mid-ranged bags after all because they can much more suit my life style.

I work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer. Paying my bills (rent, gas, and grocery) and saving money comes first, but what is left over I can do anything with.

i work part-time and i save like an amount of paycheck which goes to my bag fund lol

for schooling, i have financial aid and a scholarship to lay back on. and since i live w/ my mom its all good.

and its nice to have a boyfriend who doesn't mind buying me something he knows i've been :drool: for

I work full-time and receive tuition reimbursement from my company to pay for grad school. I work hard to pay for my bills, but with whatever money I can save up to reward myself once in a blue moon goes to feeding my bag addiction. :amuse:

when i was in school. my parents paid for it all. so all i paid for was anything i did on the weekends. and my summer jobs paid well so i was able to buy my purses as well

:girlsigh: i miss those days

i'm in high school now, singapore.

well, i sell stuff i don't want or need anymore, its quite a substantial amount. plus parent's monetary reward for good grades, and boyfriend, can amount up to about 2000/3000sgd per semester. oh plus part-time jobs during the holidays. sometimes, my mum pays for half the amount and we "share" the bag.

i buy 1 or 2 bags a year.

Last edited:
I am fortunate enough to have parents who pay for my schooling and living expenses. I only have one designer purse, my LV, which was a birthday gift from my brother.

I've had a few part-time jobs as well, which goes towards all my other designer expenses.