Girls I need your help immediatly!!!!

fendigal said:
Alright, this is the only thing that is scary. I checked her feedback and there are a lot of feedbacks marked private. I maybe wrong, but that looks fishy to me.
I would highly recommend going to the Hermes store before you give that kind of money to anyone.
Also, "all sales are final" is another red flag to me.
Finally, check the Hermes quorum thread, but there was a detailed conversation (2 nights ago)about how hard it is to get a Birkin, etc. This lady has a lot of Birkins.
I've been wrong before, but I say go to White Plains and check out the real deal.
To me this is almost like buying a car, you are going to have to live with that purchase decision for a while.
Good Luck and post pics if you take the plunge.

I agree, private feedback is a big red flag, as is having alot of bags that happen to be hard to get anywhere else.

Speaking of buying large things on eBay, there was a NYTimes article last week on people who bought real estate on ebay.. sight-unseen. One guy thought he was getting this great bargain, and ended up $30,000 in a hole because the THREE houses he bought for only a few thousand dollars were eventually condemned by the city, (Buffalo, NY) and when they tore down the houses, he was on the hook for $10,000 per house in demolition fees by the city.

FENDIGAL, I'm glad you have your feelers up!

fendigal said:
Alright, this is the only thing that is scary. I checked her feedback and there are a lot of feedbacks marked private. I maybe wrong, but that looks fishy to me.
I would highly recommend going to the Hermes store before you give that kind of money to anyone.
Also, "all sales are final" is another red flag to me.
Finally, check the Hermes quorum thread, but there was a detailed conversation (2 nights ago)about how hard it is to get a Birkin, etc. This lady has a lot of Birkins.
I've been wrong before, but I say go to White Plains and check out the real deal.
To me this is almost like buying a car, you are going to have to live with that purchase decision for a while.
Good Luck and post pics if you take the plunge.

Actually the seller's feedback is not kept private. If it is, we wouldn't be able to read what other sellers and buyers have written about past transactions.

There are "PRIVATE" indicated under the item# because the seller set those listings as private when she listed the item on eBay. When a listing is set as private, the bidders' identity is protected. This means only the seller knows who bidded or purchase the item. A lot of legit sellers of luxury items actually do this so that unscrupulous sellers can't contact the bidders to buy their fakes.

IMO this seller (MightyKismet) is a reseller of authentic Hermes similar to Createurs Deluxe, although her stock is not as impressive as Createurs. These resellers get their bags from a network of Hermes customers who are able to get on the list multiple times. In turn, they are paid a fee by the reseller...which explains the huge mark-up. For this particular auction, I think it could be MK's personal bag, or could be her client's used bag.

The best place to buy your Birkin is an Hermes store :smile:

totally agree... if you're able to spend that much $ on a bag, you should get the full experience of getting it from the Hermes store. you should place and order for one, and when it comes, have them (SA) set up a nice showing for you (drinks and all)

OK Girls here is an update, I'm gonna go to the bthroom and puke my brains out! Then after I do that I am going to the Hermes store and making the purchase for the pink kelly, it is a 28cm about 11in. My husband talked me into getting it because he liked it. And said to keep on the wait list for Birkin and he will get it for me as an early b-day present, how sweet! So once I get these butterflies outta my stomach I will go to Manhasset! Wish me luck girls! Oh God help me! :wacko:

Good luck! I can't wait to hear --- I should be puking right there with you since I've done "more" damage after purchasing a beautiful kelly from e-bay last week - it seems there's a disease with these bags....at least you have your dh's blessing! Mine will not be so happy....

can't wait to hear and see what you get!:love:

Baggaholic said:
OK Girls here is an update, I'm gonna go to the bthroom and puke my brains out! Then after I do that I am going to the Hermes store and making the purchase for the pink kelly, it is a 28cm about 11in. My husband talked me into getting it because he liked it. And said to keep on the wait list for Birkin and he will get it for me as an early b-day present, how sweet! So once I get these butterflies outta my stomach I will go to Manhasset! Wish me luck girls! Oh God help me! :wacko:

That's so sweet and understanding of your husband :nuts:

I'm so excited for you with the Kelly purchase... just don't puke at it hahaha! Just kidding!

I got my bag girls!!! Sh*t what an experience! I got a dozen of red rosses with my purchase! That was weet! I'm gonna take pic next. Cristina said she would resize some picturers for me! I'm so excited, I keep staring at it like it's gonna talk back!

Oh yeah! I wanted to ask but didn't dare! Why so much paperwork? And shw had to inspect the bag like 100 times! I didn't meetbthe manager becauswe she wassn't in, but I'll meetbher when I make my next purchase.