Girlfriends Not Understanding the Obsession..

There's just something about pocketbooks that people, mainly women, LOVE to fight about. Years ago I used to collect 60's and 70's dolls. I used to pay insane amounts for them and for their outfits. Nobody cared or judged me when they saw them, but spend a lot of money on a bag? I must be self absorbed.

I FEEL EXACTLY THE SAME...
My first chanel flap, black caviar single flap.. :love: (love it)
was completely bashed and trashed by my friends the first day I took it out to dinner with them... their remarks about how expensive and "NOT WORTH IT" were really really hurtful... and it didn't stop there.. they whent on for about 20 minutes about how.. they could have gotten 2 gucci bags (one was carrying gucci another a small lv about 900)... and could have gotten 2 of their handbags? SO WHAT? their jean lv and hobo gucci don't compare.. they're nice.. but... it's not even about quantity, it's about quality too, at least my handbag is REAL LEATHER.. (for one) and TWO...

Nothing compares to my love for chanel, I like lv and gucci but it's so... seasonal
(except suhali) and chanel is TIMELESS, GORGEOUS, VINTAGE... sophisticated... i could go on... and I never asked them to understand or even agree with me, but at least the VERY least, don't diss my coco!!!!!!!! :mad: i was furious

i've never been mad at my friends, and if i have it was always for less than an hour, i must have been mad for weeks! I still am to this very day!!
my friend got a limited edition louis, which is ABSOLUTELY HEINOUS but I didn't make any negative remarks and just said if you like it, good, it's nice on you! because I know the feeling of having your beloved hangbad bashed~

Wow I jumped on this thread waaay too late, I see all the lovely PF ladies have already had their say heheehee.. And ITA anyways. I have some friends (not so close) whom I NEVER tell how much my bags cost unless they ask. And when they do ask, I may or may not tell them depending on my mood.

Having said that, I do have one or two close friends who look at me and say "Wow you really spent so much on a BAG??" but know me well enough not to say anything more. If they do, I would most definitely argue with them because I am NOT doing anything wrong. People are entitled to their opinions but they have no right to force them down other people's throats. A friend (who used to be close) just bought an Hermes copy and was sooo proud of it, telling all of us about it and she was so happy she only spent $200 on it. I kept my mouth shut even though I would never buy a fake bag, and she doesn't say too much about me spending S$4k on a bag (lest I bite her head off).

The way I figure, my closest (and REAL) friends would never berate me or lecture me about spending too much on a bag because real friends are supportive and encouraging. And we all know that everyone is human and has their own little obsessions/indulgences about different things.