Girl friends

muppy said:
...otherwise, everyone else is really just people that come in and out of my life... if you know what i mean... just pple passing by..... i feel that pple that i meet now are simply 'bar' friends or career contacts where pple get together for personal advanatges/contacts rather than really forming real friendships... i hope this doesn't sound too sad....

Muppy: this is the story of my life. Moving can be really hard and drives you further apart from people that you care about. It seems like nobdy is interested in really making a connection with others anymore. It's sad...but maybe it's just my reality.

i have a couple female friends, mostly past roommates/hallmates or friends from high school, and a lot of male friends, particularly since i work in such a male-dominated job. my best friend is male.

I have several friends from highschool that I still talk to through email. I'm also really close with a few other moms of my children's friends, people I volunteer with and people I've met on the net. One of my closest friends is a guy and I see him all the time.

Also, I have a group of great friends that lives in Chicago that I speak with regularly and go out with every few months.
Crap I got a lot of friends. :lol:

I have several female friends.. not best friends.. my bf is my best friend.. but since I have moved from one place to another, I have several friends from all over the country.. we mostly keep in touch thru the phone or at times, emails...

i've drifted apart from most of my girlfriends after high school, and i only k.i.t with only about 4 of them now.

i do have more guy friends than girlfriends, probably because i hang out w/my bf most of the time and hang out with his friends, (who were my friends too before we started going out since hs)

I use to have alot of friends at least 10-15 really close ones, I had known a few from 5th grade and a few from jr high/high school. Most of them have tried to keep in touch with me but, I'm terrible at keeping touch with people especially as I got older. More responsibilities, lifestyle change, marriage, children, etc....now I only have about 5 really close friends and I hardly see them but, we do talk on the phone once in awhile to checkup on each other. These days I spend whatever free time I have with my immediate family (my father, brothers, nieces and nephews) and my own family, so it doesn't really leave much time for friends...at least I have a girls night out once every month, dinner and a movie with my best girls!