gingham phantom/Belt bag/coin bag--pls help me decide

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
Hi! I've been MIA for a while now, been so busy, but excited to have a bit of time coming up to check out the new collection.
But in the meantime, I could use some advice. I'm heading to the Céline store in a couple hours with a friend and am thinking of pulling the trigger on a new everyday bag—either a structured tote that I can use for travel and to carry my MacBook Air, or a cross-body/shoulder bag to give my Trio some time off.

Have narrowed down to these three (although I prefer the Belt in the ripple-textured black leather but I can't find a pic). I've never owned a luggage bag, but I'm really drawn to this one because it's lighter than all leather and I love the texture of the vinyl gingham. It's edgy. I love the coin because it's super practical and the strap adjusts to cross body or shoulder. And the belt bag, probably my least fave of the 3, is a practical size.

Thoughts? TIA!

_belt.jpg

_coin.jpg

_ging.jpg

OMG why didn't I see this thread before? I hope its the belt or the coin because I think bags should always be leather. The woven gingham is really cool but its raffia which might be a problem in the future. And Celine's leather is amazing so I would definitely go for an all leather bag.

Gingham. No regrets, it's very unique. Feels sturdy too. To me this piece embodies Phoebe's gift of mixing high and low. Plus I'm crazy about the blue and white weave and appreciate how the zipper pull is plain and there is no logo on the exterior. Most people will probably think it's a fake and that's absolutely fine with me. I love it to pieces.

Gingham. No regrets, it's very unique. Feels sturdy too. To me this piece embodies Phoebe's gift of mixing high and low. Plus I'm crazy about the blue and white weave and appreciate how the zipper pull is plain and there is no logo on the exterior. Most people will probably think it's a fake and that's absolutely fine with me. I love it to pieces.

^^ Then it's absolutely the right choice for you!^^

Congrats and enjoy your unique wonderful new bag!

:tup::tup:

As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters! Congrats and enjoy it!!

Damn was going to say get the Coin, but I guess I was too late.. that gold chain and the simple design of the belt looks really nice!! But anyhow, congrats on the Gingham Phantom!

I would've guessed that based on your comments on this forum! But also because I made a similar choice when I wanted a cool everyday
Bag with the tweed
Phantom. Congrats! Super cool I have yet to see the texture in person!!

Agree it's the right choice so unique and beautiful. Congrats and thank you for sharing

From the street style thread...

JP5PkQq.jpg

2hIqY9Q.jpg

lusdVsu.jpg

QgqFj1s.jpg

I am debating about the bag too and most said no don't buy it as it is too seasonal but the way you wear it shows its versatility- are you still happy? I am trying to decide between this and the new wine colored
mini- help & congrats on your new beauty- I have the same skates too :smile:))

^ It totally depends on your personal style. I was not really attracted to the solid color Phantoms, but when I saw the gingham my heart skipped a beat. I find it's surprisingly versatile and looks great with most things I wear, patterns or not. The fact that it's a limited, seasonal piece makes it even more appealing because it's rare and won't be available long. And don't forget that it's much lighter than full leather—I compared both in the store and found the leather too heavy for me. Good luck deciding!