Food Ginger, Ginger, Ginger!

maxter

O.G.
Feb 5, 2006
I love ginger and found a company that makes GREAT products: The Ginger People.
stem2.gif

My favorite is their stem ginger in syrup. I put a chunk of it in the bottom of my tea pot and the flavor and sweetness it adds is just perfect.

I went to their website and found out they have a HUGE assortment of ginger-based products. The Ginger People

And here's a sample of one of their recipes. It also looks like they have a fabulous selection of cooking sauces!

Ginger Beef Burger:

1 medium sized jicama
1 large red onion
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice vinegar)
1 pound ground beef
¼ cup White Zinfandel (or other sweet white wine)
2 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice vinegar)
3 teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon each of onion salt, garlic, salt and pepper
4 teaspoons Ginger Spread
4 seeded sandwich rolls, sliced

Instructions: Prepare a medium-hot fire for grilling or barbecuing. Peel and slice jicama and onion into thin slices (1/8") and place them in a bowl. Cover with 2 teaspoons soy sauce and 2 teaspoons mirin. Coat all sides. Combine remaining ingredients (except the rolls). Mix well. Form meat into 4 patties. Make indentation in the center of each patty. Grill approximately 5 minutes. Turn and cover the tops with jicama and onion slices. Continue to grill until desire doneness. Place bottom of the rolls on the grill, cut side down. Butter the top half of each roll. Turn and layer the bottom of the roll with the burger, jicama and onion slices. Replace top. Serves 4.

Oh that sounds amazing! I recently discovered candied ginger and have them with my tea since I don't sweeten it.

LOVE pickled ginger, fresh, dried, candied, anything ginger :P

I love ginger too... especially with fish... it just really does soemthing great to a plain piece of white fish, KWIM? We made this last night for dinner.... Asian Ginger fish with veggie "noodles" and it was so good.... and really fast to make, too!

Ingredients:

four white fish fillets
1 T fresh minced ginger
1T fresh minced garlic
2 T fresh minced cilantro, divided
Juice of one lime, divided
Three large carrots
Three zuccini squash
1 C sugar snap peas
1C edamame beans, frozen, shelled, rinsed
1/2 C white wine
1 1/2 C Chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray or 1 T vegetable oil

Shred the carrots and zuccini into long thin noodle like strips, set aside. In a large skillet, over medium low heat, add the cooking oil or pam, and saute the ginger, garlic and half of the cilantro until fragrant, about three minutes. Salt and pepper the fish fillets, and add them to the pan, and cook for one minute on each side, just to get some of the flavor of the ginger, garlic and cilantro on them. Remove from the pan, and increase the heat to high. Add the wine and half of the lime juice, deglaze the pan, and reduce the liquid by half. Add the broth, the rinsed edamame beans, the snap peas, and the vegetable "noodles" to the pan, still well, coating the veggies with the broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, lay the fish fillets on top of the veggies, sprinkle on the remaining lime juice and cilantro, and cover, reducing heat to low. Allow the pan to steam until the fish is done, four to six minutes, unless your fish fillets are really thick.

To serve, place the fish fillets in a bowl, add some of the veggies, and spoon some broth around the mixture.

I added Siracha sauce to my bowl and boy, it heated it up, cleared out my sinuses, and just made this dish sing!