Gilt selling fake Balenciaga bag?

I wish I had discovered this site before I purchased a Goyard Saint-Louis PM black bag for $1,485 from Gilt.com last week. It is CLEARLY a fake! In fact, it looks and feels like 1 oz. plastic! Of course, they will not accept the return and claim it is 100% authentic. I didn't care at the time that I would not be able to return it when I bought it because it never would have occurred to me that Gilt.com would sell counterfeit bags. They are a legitimate website (I've bought other items in the past) and selling fake bags is against the law. I have learned from this website that I should have it authenticated and then try to contact Gilt again. Is there anything else I need to know, or should do? This is a LOT of money and I will not settle for a fake bag!!!

Gilt was just purchased by Saks parent company and now claims to accept all returns (you can even take them to Off 5th, I think). So you may want to try again.

I'm unhappy because Gilt now charges California tax which makes their site much less desirable for me as a buyer.

Gilt was just purchased by Saks parent company and now claims to accept all returns (you can even take them to Off 5th, I think). So you may want to try again.

I'm unhappy because Gilt now charges California tax which makes their site much less desirable for me as a buyer.

Oh wow. They charge CA state tax now? I looked at Gilt today for the first time in forever and was intrigued that they had (or recently had) some current season bags. But the discount + tax free was the only reason I ever bought stuff from Gilt. Returns are great and all, but... bummmmmer. Jeez. Can't buy from Fashionphile without tax, can't buy from TheRealReal without tax... taxes taxes everywhere. :tdown:

Oh wow. They charge CA state tax now? I looked at Gilt today for the first time in forever and was intrigued that they had (or recently had) some current season bags. But the discount + tax free was the only reason I ever bought stuff from Gilt. Returns are great and all, but... bummmmmer. Jeez. Can't buy from Fashionphile without tax, can't buy from TheRealReal without tax... taxes taxes everywhere. :tdown:

delete

Last edited:
I saw your posting #2422 FEB 27, 2016, 2:36PM. You have to take these specific photos and update your post again. You can look at the sample photos from "denisee" here #2420

AUTHENTICATE THIS GOYARD - READ POST 1 FIRST

Front
Back
Side
Bottom
Zipper
Heatstamp (Goyard Made in France)
Date Code
Zipper Pulls
Snaps (front and back)

Good Luck!
To sfbay55555 -

Ok. I will redo the photos although I have more than the 3 shown on the thread. I have about 10 photos on my photobucket link. Did you happen to see those? The pictures are taken of the front, back, bottom, snap, handles, strap and little wallet, made in france stamp, etc. etc. I will redo them if you still think I need more. Thanks!

Yeah Gilt was bought by Saks and is now affiliated with Off 5th- I find they now sell a few more bags but many are final sale. Also they charge tax in all states that I am aware of now. :sad: they used to charge no tax in CA.

I got stuck with a pretty big gift card at Gilt and can't find can't really use it.

Do Gilt really sell fake handbags? I recently just purchased a Balenciaga handbag and because I saw this thread I doubt the authenticity of the handbag. I called and emailed to return it because of my suspicion and they haven't gotten back because they are still "investigating" the situation.

Do Gilt really sell fake handbags? I recently just purchased a Balenciaga handbag and because I saw this thread I doubt the authenticity of the handbag. I called and emailed to return it because of my suspicion and they haven't gotten back because they are still "investigating" the situation.
Why don't you post the relevant pics in the authenticate this thread? Maybe you have nothing to worry about?

http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-balenciaga.936807/
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/required-pics-for-balenciaga-authentication.741442/