Gilt MJ UPS disaster :(

nicolj

Purse lover
O.G.
Jul 6, 2007
Today was supposed to be the day my beautiful green Duffy Rosalyn arrived from the Gilt sale. I had my phone on me all day to buzz the UPS guy in to sign for the package.. I was incredibly excited. I called UPS and made sure it would be okay to buzz them in and have them put it inside my complex by my door. They assured me it would be fine, as it was signature required they'd need to speak with me. Somehow, I looked on the tracking site and it said it had been delivered. I raced across town for an hour to get home to pick it up but it was nowhere to be found. It's a condo so there is no "Front office" that it would be sitting in. The "proof of delivery" was "front door", so I have no idea if they actually delivered it but it's not there. They did not call, buzz, anything. I was upset and called UPS, they said I needed to contact Gilt to put in a trace on the package if possible. I am so disappointed and was so looking forward to getting this bag. I will be devastated if it was lost or stolen. :sad:

Oh no! I am sorry to hear that your package might be lost or stolen. I am surprised that UPS didn't leave a note or notify you that it was delivered. That is terrible and they can't trace or track down the person that delivered it? I hope Gilt will be able to help you out and that you are able to recover your package.

that's awful! is it possible a good neighbor has it for safekeeping? Sometimes my neighbors do that for me... saves me a trip to the PO station.

That is awful! I'm sorry. :sad:

You know, in the past, I've seen UPS tracking that has shown me that a package I ordered was delivered (but nowhere to be found), and then it turned up the next day. Like, my neighbor didn't pick it up or anything, it just wasn't delivered until the next day even though the tracking said otherwise. I would give it a day and see what happens. If nothing turns up, then contact Gilt as UPS suggested.

Then again, on multiple occasions, UPS tracking has shown attempted deliveries to my apartment, but the driver never left a slip. So I couldn't change the delivery address or anything (because you need the number on the slip). So I guess you just never know.

Have I mentioned how much I hate UPS?

Good luck - hopefully you'll get it today, despite what the tracking says! Keep us updated...

is this the ups hate session? please allow me the join. they're the worst. i've had to deal with a lot of sh!t from them. too much to get into now. i know how you feel, i'm so sorry. i hope it turns up soon!

I am so sorry about your package! Call Gilt asap! Hopefully they can trace it, if not, maybe they'll send another one. If all goes bad, call your cc, but hopefully it wont come to that.
I've never really had any bad experience with UPS, but Fedex has lost or delivered to the wrong address...

hey everyone.. thanks for the advice. I just talked to Kaitlyn at Gilt who was very sweet and she said she'd open a claim for me with UPS. It might be possible that a neighbor brought it inside, but they'd likely put it by my door or leave a note. I'll keep checking and maybe it will randomly show up today... she said there are no more MJ bags at all from that sale so worst case scenario it's a refund.. sigh!

That is awful! I'm sorry. :sad:

You know, in the past, I've seen UPS tracking that has shown me that a package I ordered was delivered (but nowhere to be found), and then it turned up the next day. Like, my neighbor didn't pick it up or anything, it just wasn't delivered until the next day even though the tracking said otherwise. I would give it a day and see what happens. If nothing turns up, then contact Gilt as UPS suggested.

Then again, on multiple occasions, UPS tracking has shown attempted deliveries to my apartment, but the driver never left a slip. So I couldn't change the delivery address or anything (because you need the number on the slip). So I guess you just never know.

Have I mentioned how much I hate UPS?

Good luck - hopefully you'll get it today, despite what the tracking says! Keep us updated...

I've had this happen multiple times with UPS as well, even when I had things delivered to my office and KNEW nothing had been shipped in all day. Good luck w/ everything, OP!