Gilmore girls

What they do here is show the episode after the news. They schedule it at 10:30, but the other night the Yankees vs White Sox game went into extra innings and I ended up missing the 2nd episode and the end of the 1st. I knew I should have told the damned Tivo to record an extra hour or so. I just hope this kind of thing doesn't happen too much when the new episodes start airing.

kezza said:
Oh man, that sounds like so much fun. Before I got a Tivo my tuesday nights were seriously protected. I didn't answer the phone, didn't make plans. I wanted to be able to settle in front of the TV with a glass of wine and some snacks and really enjoy my "girls." A whole weekend of that sounds like heaven! :tender:
It's a shame that I haven't been getting the same buzz off this show for the last season or two. It doesn't feel like as much of a treat, maybe because it's been so harrowing lately. Not as lighthearted as it used to be. :shrugs:

Hehee if someone calls me I answer and go GILMORE GIRLS and hang up. They should know better. An old college roommate and I (we graduated in 04 so it has been a few years since we lived together)... we meet online or basically spend every commercial break on the phone to watch the episodes together still.

I know what you mean about it missing something... sometimes there is a scene that does get that old feeling back with though. And sometimes Alexis Bledel just annoys me to no end, I guess that is weird to say since she is a star but she still does bother me sometimes, in the past year or so at least. Some of my friends have gotten mad and stopped watching, but I just can't completely abandon them. I'll stick with them until the end.

kyragee said:
please can someone explain why this show is so hot??
i dont get it
Well, I can tell you why I like this show...

I looove the writing! The dialogue between Lorelai-Rory, Lorelai-Luke, especially in the earlier seasons. The quick wit, quirkiness is unparalled (well, maybe Ally McBeal season 1&2). The supporting characters are also great, especially the Stars Hollow gang (Taylor, Kirk, Miss Patty etc) and Michel!

I just finished watching season 4 and while I find some of the episodes a bit boring, I think it was necessary to have the tension, the breakdowns, because, gosh, Lorelai& Rory can't be chipper and glib all the time, can they??

Oh, and I'm probably the only person in the GG fandom that wants Lorelai to be with Christopher in the end :smile: :smile::smile: (I can't help it, I:heart: David Sutcliffe)

^^^Believe it or not I work with his cousin. (DS's) I have tried to no avail to get gossip out of him, but he tells me his cousin could get into trouble for sharing info. Needless to say I'm still tickled pink to be one degree away from DS. And I too, have a soft spot for Christopher and Lorelai.

I love this show! I got DH hooked as well.

My DH can never remember names - he can barely remember my first name, and always forgets the name of his own sister. But last spring we were talking about Gilmore Girls, and I said something about "Rory's father". DH says, "You mean, Christopher?"

I guess he's hooked! :lol:

I watched it when it first came out, then lost interest in it. But sometimes, someone will have it on at the gym, or something, and I'll forget how cute it is.

I remember the episode where Rory and Paris wanted to join some sort of secret society in their all girls school. (And I remember the episode with Rory's birthday party. That was a cute one, too!)

The latest one I remember was the one where Rory and her committee were planning some sort of '40s dance.

I came across these quotes that I really liked:

[Lorelai's having Rory]
Young Lorelai: Okay, this is a big pain and I'd really like it to go away, please.
Nurse: Just breathe deep, honey.
Young Lorelai: Breathing doesn't help, can I hit you instead?
Nurse: What?
Young Lorelai: Or pinch you really hard, 'cause that might make me feel better.
Nurse: No, you cannot hit me.
Young Lorelai: Can I bite you or pull your hair or use the Epilady on you 'cause I really need to do something.

Paris: Fine, if you guys wanna sit around for an hour after school swapping makeover horror stories, then count me in. Hey, did I ever tell you about the time I plucked outside of my designated brow line? Man, was my face red.
Madline: I've done that, too. Ooh, it's bad.
Louise: She was being sarcastic.
Madline: Well, I wasn't. I looked surprised for a month.

Lorelai: Ugh, they totally just snuck that modeling thing in.
Rory: Hmm, my mom's a model. Maybe you'll get to date Leonardo DiCaprio now.
Lorelai: Plus, now I have to plan the whole stupid thing.
Rory: Lorelai Gilmore. Nope, doesn't sound model-y enough. You need something that stands out more. How about Waffle. We could call you Waffle and say you're from Belgium.

Rory: Oh, my god.
Lorelai: What?
Rory: He hired Brennon Lewis.
Lorelai: And?
Rory: Ew!
Lorelai: He doesn't look that bad.
Rory: He's the boy who dissected a frog, did not wash his hands, and then ate a sandwich.
Lorelai: Ew!
Rory: He's like the lost Farrelly brother. He's so stupid. He watched 'The Breakfast Club' and decided to tape his own butt cheeks together.
Lorelai: He doesn't write the orders down, he never brings you food that's hot or yours, he can't distinguish bagels from doughnuts, he hands out butt napkins, and he has worn that Foreigner t-shirt every single day since he started working here and he doesn't know who they are. I asked him.
Luke: What are butt napkins?
Lorelai: Kirk needed a napkin, and he pulled one out of his back pocket.
Luke: Hey, Bren?
Brennon Lewis: Yeah, boss?
Luke: Did you give Kirk a napkin out of your back pocket?
Brennon Lewis: Yeah.
Luke: Don't.
Brennon Lewis: Okay.

Lorelai: That's what you got busted for? That's it? Bell-ringing?
Rory: Yes.
Lorelai: Were you at least smoking a Cuban cigar while you were doing it?
Rory: Mom.
Lorelai: No, I mean, "bad girl, how many times have I told you not to ring bells?"
Rory: [interrupting] Let's go.
Lorelai: [continuing] "They can dent, or scratch, and they make dogs go crazy. Who do you think you are, the Hunchback of Notre Dame? Are you French? Circular? I don't think so."
Rory: I'm walking to the car now.
Lorelai: [later] Was it a big bell at least?

Rory: [talking about Paris] Can you say crazy anal micromanager?
Lorelai: Not five times fast.

Rory: So, is this party Grandma's having going to be a big deal?
Lorelai: Not really. The government will close that day. Flags will fly at half-mast. Barbara Streisand will give her final concert... again.
Rory: Uh-huh.
Lorelai: Now, the Pope has previous plans, but he's trying to get out of them. However, Elvis and Jim Morrison are coming and they're bringing chips.

Rory: One of the girls already hates me. The guys are weird.
Lorelai: Weirder than other guys?
Rory: Yeah, they kept calling me Mary.
Lorelai: You're kidding me. Wow, I can't believe they still say that.
Rory: Why? What does it mean?
Lorelai: It means like, Virgin Mary. It means they think you look like a goody-goody.
Rory: You're kidding.
Lorelai: No.
Rory: Well what would they have called me if they thought I looked like a slut?
Lorelai: Well, they might have added a Magdalene to it.
Rory: Wow. Biblical insults. This is an advanced school.

Lorelai: Heh, you know what I just realized? "Oy" is the funniest word in the entire world.
Rory: Hmm.
Lorelai: I mean think about it, you never hear the word "oy" and not smile. Impossible. Funny, funny word.
Emily: Oh dear God.
Lorelai: "Poodle" is another funny word.
Emily: Please drink your drink, Lorelai.
Lorelai: In fact, if you put "oy" and "poodle" together, in the same sentence, you'd have a great new catchphrase, you know? Like, "Oy with the poodles already."
Rory: Hehe.
Lorelai: So from now on, when the perfect circumstances arise, we will use our favorite new catchphrase:
Rory: Oy with the poodles already.
Lorelai: I'm telling you, it's knocking "Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" right out of first place.

Luke: Ow.
Lorelai: Luke, are you okay?
Luke: Stupid box. Stupid lamp.
Lorelai: Hey Luke, are you being attacked by your possessions again?

Luke: Very romantic.
Lorelai: Says the man who yelled "Finally." at the end of Love Story.

[many alarm clocks go off]
Lorelai: You are Hilarious.
[Going down the stairs]
Lorelai: Okay, see, last night when I said to you: 'Tomorrow, no matter what, make sure I get up at seven', what I actually meant was: 'tomorrow, no matter what, make sure I have the option of getting up seven, in case, when seven comes, I actually wanna get up. Which, as it happen, I didn't. Therefore, you're currently responsible for the great alarm clock slaughter of 2002.
Luke: No survivor?
Lorelai: The one shaped like a bunny escaped with a mild decapitation.

Lorelai: Don't study so much that you get brilliant, go mad, grow a big bald egghead and try to take over the world, okay, 'cause I wanna go shoe shopping this weekend.
Rory: Promise, I will not go mad until we get you some boots.

Lorelai: Rory is very low maintenance. Kind of like that robot kid in A.I., only way less mother-obsessed. Oh my God, that kid was so annoying. I would've pushed him out of the car while it was still moving.

[Emily has purchased a very small "panic room"]
Lorelai: Hey, let's test it out. I'm gonna get you.
[makes claws with her hands]
Emily: [annoyed] Oh, my God.
Lorelai: [attempting to be scary] You better get in there, 'cause I'm a bad guy. Baah!
Emily: Stop it.
Lorelai: I'm menacing. Panic, damn it. Come on.

[Emily found a sequined vest in Richard's closet and is very upset about it]
Rory: I have never seen Grandma so singularly obsessed about a piece of clothing.
Lorelai: Not since I wore my 'Gas, Grass, or Ass - No one rides for free' t-shirt to the junior league spring tea.

Lorelai: I ate the fuzzy Certs.
Rory: Gross.
Lorelai: They tasted like keys.

(I almost forgot . . . I also like the one where Rory was presented to society.)

Lorelai: Ladies never get their own eggrolls. Ladies never get their own anything. They don't even get their own ideas.
Rory: Oh boy.
Lorelai: They just sit helplessly and wait for some young strong man to come by and assist them. They don't step in puddles, they don't step over puddles. They can't even look at puddles. They actually need to be blindfolded and thrown in a sack and carried over puddles.
Rory: Isn't there a moratorium on how long ladies are supposed to talk?
Lorelai: Uhh, no.

Lorelai: Hey, how many margaritas is too many margaritas?
Rory: Um, if you can't remember where the living room is.
Lorelai: Ha ha, I'm still good.

Emily: I want to go on a date.
Lorelai: With - a *man*?
Emily: No, a weasel. Of course, a man!
Lorelai: I'm not hearing this.
Emily: Well, why shouldn't I date? I'm still a viable commodity.
Lorelai: I need a paper towel and a Valium, please.
Emily: There are plenty of men at the club who, in the past, have made their interest in me known, I just need to figure out how to reciprocate their feelings. You have a lot of experience with men. How do you let them know that you're available?
Lorelai: Well, one of those bench ads usually does the trick.
Emily: Lorelai, stop it. I need help here. It's been years since I did this, and I don't remember the proper procedure! Now take me through this step-by-step. You see a man, you walk up to him and you say...
Lorelai: ...Hello.
Emily: Is that too forward?
Lorelai: No, it's the appropriate way to indicate you're open to a social engagement. Unless, however, you are approaching a weasel. Then I believe the proper signal is just to offer him your hindquarters.
[Emily glares]

Rory: Why me?
Paris: Because people like you. You're quiet. You say "excuse me". You look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning.

Emily: You have the word "Juicy" on your rear end.
Lorelai: Well, if I knew you were coming over, I would've changed.
Emily: Into what? A brassiere with the word "Tasty" on it?

Lorelai: Someday, when you're a little older, you'll be introduced to something that is extremely seductive but fickle. A fair weather friend who seems benighned but packs a whallop like a donkey kick, and that is the Long Island Ice Tea. The Long Island Ice Tea makes you do things you normally wouldn't do, like lifting your skirt in public or calling someone you normally wouldn't call at really weird times.

WOW!!! I missed a lot. I don't know at what season we are right now, but in Holland we just saw how Luke and Lorlai got engaged...and that she doesn't want to get married untill things are fixed between her and rory.
Luke has a daughter????????!!!!!:amazed:
what season are you guys at??