"Gifts" from Cartier SAs

I would suggest to bluntly ask: "Do you have some gifts?" or - more polite: "I have heard that sometimes customers receive gifts with their purchases". What should go wrong?
Ok, thanks for your suggestions. ;) The only thing that could go wrong is that she may give me a weird look as in “you didn’t spend this much and asking for a gift?!” and I embarrass myself for looking like a cheapo and asking for “free stuff”. :-P
I’ll report back. Haha

Others have commented earlier on whether or not asking for a gift is a good strategy, or even a good idea. I would never ask for a gift because then it's not really a "gift" in spirit. I was completely surprised when I got my gifts which added to their being special to me. I have asked for cleaning kits because I don't see them as a gift but a necessary item to maintain my jewelry. Anything else, I would not, but that's just my own personal style and comfort level.

Ok, thanks for your suggestions. ;) The only thing that could go wrong is that she may give me a weird look as in “you didn’t spend this much and asking for a gift?!” and I embarrass myself for looking like a cheapo and asking for “free stuff”. :-P
I’ll report back. Haha
I don't think it's dependent upon how much you spend. I think it's the particular SA, your relationship and apparently what part of the world you're in. I hope you do get some lovely goodies!

I’ll report back. Haha

Honestly, I don't really personally care about whether or not I receive a "gift" with purchase. That said, a few years back I purchased something around Christmas time and 'demanded' playfully that my SA pluck an ornament from their in-store tree for me, which he laughingly did so.

If you want a gift... Just ask. What's the worst that can happen? They can't cancel your birthday.

I don't think it's dependent upon how much you spend. I think it's the particular SA, your relationship and apparently what part of the world you're in. I hope you do get some lovely goodies!
Others have commented earlier on whether or not asking for a gift is a good strategy, or even a good idea. I would never ask for a gift because then it's not really a "gift" in spirit. I was completely surprised when I got my gifts which added to their being special to me. I have asked for cleaning kits because I don't see them as a gift but a necessary item to maintain my jewelry. Anything else, I would not, but that's just my own personal style and comfort level.
Thanks. It really depends on one’s personality, I think. The fact that I ask on here shows that I do feel weird about asking and I’m not sure if it’s a bold move. But on the other hand, if I didn’t ask, high chances are I get nothing and if I do ask, worst case I get nothing as well. Lol.
I don’t have a built relationship with this SA yet. My previous SA from that boutique left so I was assigned this new SA…
So yeah. Appreciate everyone’s different POV on this topic. I’ll sleep over it as I will pick up my bracelet tomorrow.

Thanks. It really depends on one’s personality, I think. The fact that I ask on here shows that I do feel weird about asking and I’m not sure if it’s a bold move. But on the other hand, if I didn’t ask, high chances are I get nothing and if I do ask, worst case I get nothing as well. Lol.
I don’t have a built relationship with this SA yet. My previous SA from that boutique left so I was assigned this new SA…
So yeah. Appreciate everyone’s different POV on this topic. I’ll sleep over it as I will pick up my bracelet tomorrow.
Are you in the NY store? My SA who has previously sent me thoughtful gifts, told me that no more gifts were possible there due to new corporate cutbacks.. :/

I hope you'll report back. My bet is you'll get something either way. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Kayceedee88
I’ll report back. Haha
When I bought my JUC bracelet a couple of years ago, I asked my SA if she could include a cleaning kit or a travel pouch (I can’t remember which one I asked for). She went in the back to wrap the bracelet and came out with a bag including the cleaning kit, travel pouch, perfume samples and a candle. Honestly, I’ve only used the travel pouch.

Are you in the NY store? My SA who has previously sent me thoughtful gifts, told me that no more gifts were possible there due to new corporate cutbacks.. :/
No, I’m in Hong Kong. Me buying just one bracelet is a tiny purchase for the “local standards” here. Lol. That’s why I won’t get my hopes up too high.

When I bought my JUC bracelet a couple of years ago, I asked my SA if she could include a cleaning kit or a travel pouch (I can’t remember which one I asked for). She went in the back to wrap the bracelet and came out with a bag including the cleaning kit, travel pouch, perfume samples and a candle. Honestly, I’ve only used the travel pouch.
Honestly, I have a few cleaning kits as well and have never used them. I really would love to get the candle, hence, I might be brave this time and boldly ask… I don’t have any other Cartier items on my wishlist right now, so it’s a “now or never” situation. Haha.
I haven’t been back in the boutique recently but I did get a candle for Xmas and she just invited me to a special event in NYC. I wonder what is going on with the corp. cutbacks.
Nice! Lucky you! I’d love to get that candle. I don’t care for mini champagne bottles or CNY Red envelopes. I want that damn candle! Lol

So, here’s my update. Picked up my JUC bracelet. Nicely mentioned to SA that my “friend” got a gift with her recent purchase from her SA. My SA said that gifts are only for selected clients. SMH…
So, ended up getting nada with my purchase, even though it’s CNY… only got the travel pouch and cleaning kit as with my other previous purchases.
Oh well… Cartier SA’s are so snobby. At least I got a big box of chocolate from my VCA SA with my recent purchase without having to ask.
Was worth a try though. Lol

I’ve made 5 purchases and still no cleaning kit lol

I have mentioned that we love our SA, and he’s gifted us champagne, chocolates and perfume samples, but no real “gifts” and I would love a cleaning kit! He does include the travel pillow and pouches, but I don’t use them.

Reactions: sparklebunny
I've mentioned this in a previous post but i'll mention it again. My SA said that some locations are franchised and those locations do not have gifts while the locations that are owned by Richemont will. I've been given trinket trays, champagne, multiple boxes of chinese red envelopes, watch roll, and plush animals. I would say build a relationship with your SA.