"Gifts" from Cartier SAs

I didn’t see a Cartier discussion thread, so I am posting it here… please delete or move it to a different thread if there is one more appropriate.

I recently bought a small (for Cartier standards) purchase, but the SA did not wrap it in the classic white gift wrap with the seal. I realized this after I had left, so I could ask for it to be wrapped. Is that standard? Do you only get it wrapped if you ask for it, or is it no longer the standard practice?
She did get me a travel pouch and a cleaning kit, but now that I think about it, I wish it had come wrapped….
Every purchase we’ve made was wrapped, but I’ve never gotten the cleaning kit and I’d prefer it!

Every purchase we’ve made was wrapped, but I’ve never gotten the cleaning kit and I’d prefer it!
Thanks for the info.

I don’t think it was a matter of me being treated unfairly (or else I wouldn’t have gotten anything with the purchase!), but I wasn’t sure what was standard. I was wondering if this was a matter of Cartier going “green” a la VCA lol. It just would have been a nice cherry on top. Oh well!

Reactions: Swanky
When I purchased in store, the items were never wrapped if I recall correctly. Perhaps if you asked she would have wrapped it for you. My items were usually wrapped when I ordered items online or when it was sent to my home is what I recall.

I find most of what Cartier does is more or less up to the discretion of the SA and/or if you ask.

When I purchased in store, the items were never wrapped if I recall correctly. Perhaps if you asked she would have wrapped it for you. My items were usually wrapped when I ordered items online or when it was sent to my home is what I recall.

I find most of what Cartier does is more or less up to the discretion of the SA and/or if you ask.

All 5 of mine were purchased in store, and wrapped! Maybe a boutique or SA choice.

Second purchase at Cartier, purchased the love necklace with 2 diamonds and the carrier love wedding band ring. It was a first purchase with this SA and she was quite sweet and helpful! Gave a travel pouch for the necklace and when my boys dropped by, she also gifted them each the cartier coloring book with crayons and a box of truffle chocolates.

Thanks for the response!

Reactions: Chaton
I didn’t see a Cartier discussion thread, so I am posting it here… please delete or move it to a different thread if there is one more appropriate.

I recently bought a small (for Cartier standards) purchase, but the SA did not wrap it in the classic white gift wrap with the seal. I realized this after I had left, so I could ask for it to be wrapped. Is that standard? Do you only get it wrapped if you ask for it, or is it no longer the standard practice?
She did get me a travel pouch and a cleaning kit, but now that I think about it, I wish it had come wrapped….
I've had my purchased in the white paper without asking. I had to ask for a cleaning kit though, I was not given it originally.

Reactions: snnysmm
I've had my purchased in the white paper without asking. I had to ask for a cleaning kit though, I was not given it originally.
I guess it all depends on the SA. I had assumed it was part of the regular packaging because it’s just what I associate Cartier with, but now I will know to ask next time if they don’t automatically do it.

The cleaning kit is really nice!

Reactions: andie85
I’m about to pick up my small JUC with diamonds and this is the first time I’m dealing with this SA as my previous one left. Never received any gifts other than perfume samples with my purchases, even when I bought small 2 Love bracelets from my previous SA. Would it be weird to ask this bed SA for a gift when I pick up my bracelet tomorrow?

No, just do it. Last - as reported - I had to fight for my large bottle of Champagne ... whereas I got a large one just for asking about my custom order. So feel free to check your new SA if she's willing to throw in some gifts.

Reactions: Kayceedee88
No, just do it. Last - as reported - I had to fight for my large bottle of Champagne ... whereas I got a large one just for asking about my custom order. So feel free to check your new SA if she's willing to throw in some gifts.
Haha. How does one go about it? I feel weird asking for a freebie, but in the other hand, it’s not like they pay it out of their own pocket.