Gifting My Chanel to My Daughter?

bagshopr

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I have a classic maxi flap in black lambskin, from 1996, which I seldom carry. My daughter told me last week that she loves this bag and wants to have it.
She is turning 21 next year, and I thought of giving it to her as a special birthday gift. To me, it would be like passing on an heirloom piece of jewelry or silver.
I know I would be thrilled to receive such a present, but I am older and wiser than my daughter. I would like the opinion of other Chanel lovers- especially the younger ones-would you value this gift or think it was cheap to receive a pre-owned bag?

I think it's a fantastic gift!!! MORE special, even, than brand-new.

She's already said that she loves it and wants to have it; AND she's old enough to be responsible and take care of it properly. If she were a teenager, I would've had second thoughts....

^^ ditto what Imac408 said.. i wish my mom had beautiful bags to pass down to me too.. if you think she will take good care of it then i think that would be an amazing gift!!

I think it would be a fantastic idea to gift to her for her 21st birthday! It will be another way of acknowledging that she is an adult and trustworthy:P It sounds like she will really appreciate it and enjoy it

^ Totally agree. It's so much more special when it's something that you've owned & are passing it down to her. Love that idea! It's like she'll always have a piece of you with her. So sweet! It's perfect timing too since it'll be a 21st birthday that she'll never forget.

You've got a lucky daughter! As already said numerous times above, it's so much more special that she's being gifted a pre-loved bag. What can I say? It's all about the sentiment!

I am in my early 20s and think this is a great idea! My collection is only of new bags because my mom didn't have any of her own--but I plan on passing on my first flap to my future daughter when she's of a mature age. --I hear that bags made recently are not as high quality as past bags so I really wish I had a bag from when quality was better (but I won't buy pre-owned so I really wish I had one in the family!!)

I think this is great plus your daughter has mentioned to you that she wants it.

If you want to spice it up maybe get her something extra to go with it? If you have the money and see it fit I would consider another Chanel piece. Even if you don't have extra money to spare I would suggest a Chanel compact--they are sort of pricey but would be something nice to have in her bag! Plus she would be getting something brand new along with the purse that is new to her. :heart:

Yayyy for moms!!