Gift wrap--woaaahhh!! Shocking Revelation!

Jan 1, 2010
Okay, since September I have been looking for a very specific pair of earrings from Fall/Winter 2010, Tribal Chic Rock Crystal on page 216 of Sept. US ELLE. My mother really wanted them, but they never got them, even though they were ordered for the 57th street store (I have the A# if anyone want's to look them up elsewhere for me!! LOL), as they are part of Act 2 and since cruise is already in, well you get the idea......:P So I purchased other jewlery for Mom, totalling around $1,000. (The woman loves her jewels,lol,and she is truly the best). Anyway, I see the enamled jacket and asked my SA to wrap it up and include one for each of the packages. The answer I got from my super sweet SA on 57th Street was that the customer needs to spend $5,000 AND OVER to receive one. She said she has no idea how anyone is actually going to get one, since nobody has been spending over $5,000, which I thought was strange and kind of hard to grasp. She did say however that she knew for a fact they would have leftovers and that she would set one aside to send me in the New Year! I love the camellia flower, we sew the flat back pins onto them for Mom so she can wear them, but OVER $5,000!! You still get the cruise ribbon, but no jacket key-chain!! So if you really want one, make sure you ask!!:yahoo::graucho:

Just thought I'd share-----it's shocking I know!

They probably lied to keep for themselves and sell at ebay. My experiences tell me SAs are not all honest. Was at a boutique and they claim all they have are on display and lo and behold, I saw them unwrapping the new chain around for other customer. I am Asian and I feel that some of these SA prefer to serve the non Asians (racial issues). My husband said, why do you still buy from them when they serve so poorly! For info, there was no jackets as well and I got five items in all!!!!

They probably lied to keep for themselves and sell at ebay. My experiences tell me SAs are not all honest. Was at a boutique and they claim all they have are on display and lo and behold, I saw them unwrapping the new chain around for other customer. I am Asian and I feel that some of these SA prefer to serve the non Asians (racial issues). My husband said, why do you still buy from them when they serve so poorly! For info, there was no jackets as well and I got five items in all!!!!

Very serious allegation, and not to be thrown around lightly. Do you really think this is the case?

Apparently I've encountered the same experience with the OP. I bought a few items which costs me up to more than a thousand dollars from the singapore boutique and I even requested for each to be gift wrapped. However, when I saw the gift, there was no jacket charm on it! :sad: You can imagine how disappointed I was when I was told that the jacket charms only come with bigger boxes as they look nicer with it... :sad: what an excuse....a bad one indeed

The SA from Singapore told me you have to spend $2000 and must tell them u want Xmas wrapping otherwise they will give u normal wrapping ! I spent over $4000 and my SA gave me only one jacket!

In Singapore, S$2,000 and above does not mean that you buy 5 sets of CJs that totals more than 2k to let you have the Xmas wrapping with the charms. They will give the charm on any bags and for any box that cost above 2k.