Gift wrap--woaaahhh!! Shocking Revelation!

Yes, I called the Singapore outlet just to double confirm this. S$2000 above only on any BIG box. So, must be a bag. Not on necklace etc.
Its not that the jacket is great deal. Its just the very crapping things they say. I asked why and they said, "instructions from Paris". Maybe?

In Singapore, S$2,000 and above does not mean that you buy 5 sets of CJs that totals more than 2k to let you have the Xmas wrapping with the charms. They will give the charm on any bags and for any box that cost above 2k.

I just bought a Cruise 2011 collection handbag from Chanel Shanghai today, and I asked for the jacket charm as part of the wrapping. The SA smiled and said, no problem, and asked where I heard about the charm from. In any case, I heard her asking her manager for the charm to be brought out from the office. A couple of other people were also rung up around the same time as me (boots, bags etc), but I'm the only one who got the charm (and I did have quite a no. of envious looks). I think at least in Shanghai, it's a matter of asking? It is strange that different boutiques would have different policies!

pardon me, as i am not up on this convo, but has anyone gotten one in nyc (57th in particular) or even usa?? i have seen asia and canada on this site if i am remembering correctly (and from people who generally seem to buy a lot)... but maybe i missed something.... could be that that's the rule in nyc. i don't see it as odd at all either for it to be limited.

For sure, the issuance of the jacket charm is really very inconsistent and double standards.

From what I have gathered, in Singapore as confirmed by gaga and my SA, there is a min spend amount i.e. SGD 2000 in order to get the jacket charm. This is on per item basis. Meaning you cannot even have a few purchases that total to the required SGD 2K just to have each item wrapped with the charm. The charm will be tagged to the item that costs SGD 2K.

However, in other parts of the world, such as Hong Kong or even Canada / States, there isn't any required spend amount for your item to be wrapped with the jacket charm.

Then, as mentioned by hananiki, SA will give if you request.

This makes me feel why can't the policy be standardized across the world! Why accord a minimum spend amount in SG while it is not required in other countries?

Maybe TPFers from other parts of the world can report if there is a minimum spend amount required?

I bought earring two weeks ago when there was no charm yet. The earring was only 205 before tax.
After I found out there is jacket charm for holiday purchase,
I emailed my SA to ask her if i can have charm.
She was super nice and she told me she will mail one for me as it is hard for me to go to store to get a charm with my 9month baby!!:smile:
I guess my SA is one of the best!!:smile:

Do they do this (nice wrapping etc.) at the leased departments inside major department stores? I'm just wondering because I bought something at the Chanel in Saks and I didn't receive a ribbon or wrapping. Also, they gave me a saks bag and not a chanel one.

I phone-ordered the taupe maxi chain around and did not ask for gift wrapping. I received the charm. It was attached to the ribbon.

Must be your relationship with the SA :smile:

I bought a GST last weekend from the Chanel Boutique at Short Hills, NJ and did not get a jacket charm. Needsless to say, it should have qualified.

Agreed. NYC you buy A LOT of Chanel... and he/she probably thought you'd really appreciate it... Where's this bag? Did you do a reveal??
Must be your relationship with the SA :smile:

I bought a GST last weekend from the Chanel Boutique at Short Hills, NJ and did not get a jacket charm. Needsless to say, it should have qualified.

oh wow..shocking reveal indeed! I remember the op of "december purchase" bought a pair earings for RM910 (approx. US$300) and she received a jacket charm on her lil package...:shrugs: