Gift with Purchase: Which ones are worth it?

elisian

vintage queen
Oct 16, 2014
Clinique, Lancome, & Estee Lauder are known for their numerous GWP offers. I'm salivating over a couple now. I used to buy Lancome eye makeup and Clinique foundation around GWP time, but I've since upgraded to (giftless) Chanel and Urban Decay respectively.

I know there are others but I don't keep up with them. Which are worth it? & what would you suggest buying from those brands?

I'm really enjoying my Estee Lauder GWP. I got a sample size mascara, neutral eye shadow quad, facial moisturiser, Advanced Night Repair serum, a full size lipstick in the shade Sugar Honey and a full size Perfectly Clean purifying cleanser/mask. I also got a sample size scented body lotion in Modern Muse and a really cute makeup bag. I took most everything on my trip to Rome this month and it was great.

Estee Lauder is really impressing me lately. It all started with wanting to try their Double Wear Foundation. I love this foundation more than my Chanel foundation- I was using Perfection Lumiere Velvet.

Estee Lauder has a great mobile site if you're looking to browse. I researched their products and they get consistently high reviews. I also know several former EL employees who still use their products and rave about them.

Hope this helps. ;)

I like Lancome's GWP since I absolutely swear by their Oscillating Primer. It recently went up to $40, so that itself qualifies for a GWP, which normally includes a full size lipstick or eye quad or blush. This is in addition to the other trial sizes of mascara and primer, etc. I feel like it's a pretty good deal overall, and you get to try new products.

I will say this - get your GWP through a department store, as Lancome.com's customer service and Elite program is severely lacking. The GWPs are generally better than the ones on the Lancome website anyway.

The Lancôme one is pretty impressive. Only $59.50 and you get 3 eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks, a lip gloss, lash primer, mascara, eye makeup remover, serum, blush, eye shadow brush...I think everything's full size too except for the serum.

Their blush alone I think is around $30, so it's a pretty amazing deal.

I got one for myself but then realized I did not need anymore makeup so will be giving it as a gift for Christmas.

The Lancôme one is pretty impressive. Only $59.50 and you get 3 eyeshadows, 2 lipsticks, a lip gloss, lash primer, mascara, eye makeup remover, serum, blush, eye shadow brush...I think everything's full size too except for the serum.

I got one for myself but then realized I did not need anymore makeup so will be giving it as a gift for Christmas.

You're reminding me of how much I love Lancome Bifacil! That was always my favorite in the kit. The serums went straight to trash, haha.

I do really, really love my Estee Lauder GWP lipsticks but the shadow/blush palette isn't useful - tiny, tiny pans. I'm thinking Sephora's Lancome eyeliner set might be a better value than GWP.

Last edited:

So you'll have to pay 50.50 for this gift pack by itself?