Gift ideas, anyone?

rosaeleena

Jul 7, 2006
Inspired by Sharkbait's thread about her mother I feel like giving my mom something, since she has given me everything and more. She always put me before anything, and I appreciate her so much.

She has had some foot problems which makes it so hard for me to figure out what kind of shoe works for her. Right now she's wearing old and torn loafers. She likes the old look like 80's I think. A pump and thick heel, like the Miss Tack (http://www.brownsfashion.com/product/99456.htm) She has a problem with bunions (not huge but still painful) and I don't know what to buy for her.. She also cannot walk in high heels so the options are very limited. :sad:

Thanks for any tips!

jaszmine

Life is sweet
Dec 29, 2008
What a thoughtful gesture. Do you think she might wear a wedge? The peanut wedge might work.

rosaeleena

Jul 7, 2006
jaszmine, the Matatales seem really good actually. :smile: I will go tomorrow and check them out at Harrods if they have them and see how they fit - hopefully they will fit a wider foot like she has.

pr1nc355

Orange Pyramid
O.G.
May 24, 2006
I think it's wonderful that you want to give your mom a gift so nice, but I am having a really hard time trying to think of a CL style that can work for her. Does she see a podiatrist? If so, maybe she could get recommendations from him/her. If not, maybe she could go to one to address her foot probs, as well as to get shoe recommendations.

jancedtif

HEART! E.A.G.L.E.S.
O.G.
Nov 4, 2007
Not very far from you...
jaszmine, the Matatales seem really good actually. :smile: I will go tomorrow and check them out at Harrods if they have them and see how they fit - hopefully they will fit a wider foot like she has.
rosaeleena you are a thoughtful daughter! I can speak to the comfort of the Matatales. Please keep us posted as to what you pick up for her.

keya

Jan 5, 2006
Have you considered a pair of flats? If she has foot problems she'd might get more wear out of them than heels. Good luck with your search! :flowers:

rosaeleena

Jul 7, 2006
Hi! So sorry for not answering, guess I had forgotten about this thread. Anyway, I went to Harrods and looked at their selection (they did not have the Matatales when I was there) and unfortunately they didn't really have anything that I think would fit my mom. :sad:

And flats yes.. I have considered them but I still don't know how they would fit on her.. I don't live near any CL store (Göteborg, Sweden) and therefore returning/exchanging would be an issue. :sad: Seems like I'm doomed..

rosaeleena

Jul 7, 2006
I think it's wonderful that you want to give your mom a gift so nice, but I am having a really hard time trying to think of a CL style that can work for her. Does she see a podiatrist? If so, maybe she could get recommendations from him/her. If not, maybe she could go to one to address her foot probs, as well as to get shoe recommendations.
Yeah I see what you mean =/ I just wanted to give her something special to make her feel glamorous and beautiful for once.

She doesn't see a podiatrist any more but I remember that loafers were the type of shoe that she was recommended.

hya_been

Dec 11, 2008
I recently got a pair of CL flats in my VP size because that's how most people had sized and they were fairly tight for me in the width. I'm still attempting to stretch them, so without getting her to try a pair on, I wouldn't recommend buying them for her. My feet are kind of wide too.