Gift for Mom, please help!

Sep 2, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a birthday gift for my mom and was thinking a coach bag would do the trick since she hasn't spoiled herself with a bag in a loooong time. I got her a white patent zippy wallet last year which she loved but I seem to be struggling with what kind of bag she would like. She is pretty stylish, has more classic tastes and works in a casual office environment. She is in her 50s. Budget is around 300 or so and this would, I hope, be a daily bag for her. Your help is much appreciated!

You can't go wrong with the Kristin hobo. It comes in a variety of colors, is easy to carry, and is very stylish. IMHO. I have several and I never get tired of carrying them!

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a birthday gift for my mom and was thinking a coach bag would do the trick since she hasn't spoiled herself with a bag in a loooong time. I got her a white patent zippy wallet last year which she loved but I seem to be struggling with what kind of bag she would like. She is pretty stylish, has more classic tastes and works in a casual office environment. She is in her 50s. Budget is around 300 or so and this would, I hope, be a daily bag for her. Your help is much appreciated!
I think the Madison Abigail would be perfect for her. It will never go out of style and is, imo, a wonderful shoulder bag. If you had a PCE, either the 25% off or 100 off 300, it would be in your price range too.

Hi everyone,

I recently bought the Kristin zip top satchel # 16800 in black leather and it is the perfect daily bag for me (and I could be your mom from your description!) It's classic but has some trendy details so it's not the least bit stuffy-looking.

NMA - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Women...522?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item2a160b76ea

ETA - it also comes in White Mist if you wanted to co-ordinate with her wallet!

NMA - http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-16800-C...469?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item35b73d6ba5

I'm 51 and gravitate toward good leather bags. The older I get, the less I like signature logos on my purses. I love Coach, but only buy signature fabric in small accessories.

That said, my last three purchases with PCE's were Lindsey in Persimmon, Chelsea Leather Tote in Mahogany and Chelsea Large Shopper in Mahogany. I have not received the latter but love the former two. The tote is a little smaller IRL than it looks on the website but still a good size for everyday. I have a bit of a problem with the handles sometimes slipping off my shoulder depending upon the fabric of my shirts - my only nuance with the bag; otherwise, it is a beautiful, classic, timeless tote.

The handles of the Lindsey fit on my shoulder but it's not really a true shoulder bag. I am just under 5'2" so the crossbody option does not work well (bag hits my hip when I walk).