Gift Certificates on Ebay... I don't get it...

1. The most anticipated sale of the season is here! Come join the official NAP sale discussion thread and share your haul with us!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I'm amazed at how much people will pay for a gift certificate. I mean, like $2.00 or $1.50 less than its actual worth.

Why? :oh:

I'm selling a Benihana gift certificate and I can't believe how close to the limit it's getting. I'd rather have peace of mind and just pay a few dollars more for a real gift certificate straight from the store.

I figure maybe there's some kind of excellent reason to this I haven't thought of.

2. lol the only reason that i can think of is that a lot of bargain hunters are just freakin' crazy.

3. It is strange. My sister did buy a restaurant gc worth $20 for $1.50. She was thrilled. She's freaky like that.

4. I sold a gift certificate one time that I got on eBay. It was from a store that I wasn't going to buy anything from, and wanted money instead. The woman who won it told me that she was buying a couple of GC towards a more expensive item from the store. I guess whatever amount she saved was worth it for her because she was really happy.

5. I don't understand it at all.
    But, one other thing. It seems to make more sense, when you receive a gift certificate that you are not going to use, to just go to the store, buy some things with it, return them, and take the return money.
    I guess this wouldn't work if it was a spa or something, though, or if it was a store that didn't give cash for returns.