Gift Advice

X-Ray LV

Mar 21, 2008
Hi Guys

So it's my mother's 50th Birthday in September and she wants a small wallet small enough for just a couple of credit cards and a some change to replace one which has started to wear away in the corners. Because it's her 50th I'd like to give her something really special, however I'm on a very strict budget of about £100. The LV Key and Change Holder is exactly the right size and comes in under budget at £85. I would probably get it in an Black epi Leather. The question is, does Hermes do a similar sized product which is easily obtainable but in a similar price bracket? She prefers Hermes, although she doesn't own anything, so I'd rather get her Hermes. I am in Rome later this week so can easily pop into an Hermes.

Please post any suggestions! Thanks!

lvkeyandchange.jpg

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "strict budget of about 100 pounds", but maybe try a bastia coin wallet/calvi card case? They're definitely going to go over, but I think it's only by a little, and it's H! :yes:

Just looked on the reference section and the Calvi would be around £150

Photo courtesy Ranag

attachment.php

And Bastia will be around £100

Photo courtesy Piaffe

attachment.php
attachment.php

The Bastia really is tiny though and only good for coins whereas the Calvi would be good for both but goes over the £100 budget. I don't think I've seen either of these items for sale in the UK but then again I've not looked for them

i haven't either but they are very nice. Just what I am looking for actually. The only advice that I have to give you on this matter is that if you are flying outside of Europe any time soon try the taxfree store at Heathrow terminal 3, where you get a bit more for the money.

x-ray, I agree that your Mom will love whatever you get for her. That's the way Moms are.

The two H pieces suggested are very popular.....and she could certainly also slip a key into these along with a couple of cards and some change.

I have the LV case that you pictured above, but I am concerned that with a couple of cards inside and maybe a key or two, there will be little room for anything else, IF that is important. Or with cards and some coins, your Mom might be able to put one key on that ring and put it inside, but that's about all that will fit.

These little cases are fabulous and wear really well. But, none of the three will hold a lot and were not meant to, actually.

Just something to think about....but, again, all three styles are very popular and as a Mom I'd be thrilled to receive any one of them.