GIB II Mini Emilia and Chocolate Sparkle Matilida have arrived!

tlloveshim

Emmy!
O.G.
Mar 19, 2006
:yahoo: Ignes never ceases to amaze me! They are both absolutely beautiful! I LOVE Matilda! LOVE, love, love her! So much so I am changing my Mini O in smoked tan to a Matilda! The size is not nearly as big as it seems! Yes, it's a good sized bag but not huge! I just adore it! Thanks to JRed (correct me if I'm wrong, it was JRed right?) for taking the plunge and ordering a Matilda! I love it! And the leather is so pretty! It'll be great for travel for having a bigger bag as the leather is hardy and thick yet not too stiff. And it sparkles! We don't have any sunshine today but I cannot wait to carry this bag in the sun to see it sparkle! On to pictures:

It's a very nice milk chocolate brown, love those stripes!
100_1142.jpg

Pretty pink suede interior with my belongings, room to spare!
100_1143.jpg

Need to get a pic of the back pocket so I'll do that once I get the rest of my pics up....

ETA: pic of back hidden zipper:
100_1150.jpg

They did an excellent job of incorporating this zipper into the design. It's a great size too, long and deep for stashing a few necessities that one needs to access quickly during travel. I am very pleased with the job they did!

Next GIB II Mini Emilia! :nuts:

Last edited:
Another beautiful bag! I also LOVE Mini Emilia! I know I change it a bit by removing the zipper and moving the studs but I love making this bag my own and letting the leather be the star! GIB II is the perfect color blue for me! I am so glad I went with it, no regrets whatsoever! It isn't a smooshy, puddley, pile of leather but I knew that going in that it wouldn't be but it has no reinforcement (I checked and it's only suede and leather!) so it smooshes nicely but doesn't dissolve into a unrecognizable puddle! That's how I like my bags! I can see inside it without it being difficult to get into. The leather isn't what I'd call stiff at all, it is soft and it slouches very nicely! I am completely satisfied with this bag! It turned out perfect! Pictures:

Such a gorgeous blue shade that will be great for year round wear!
100_1144.jpg

Beautiful blue suede leather! Yummy!
100_1145.jpg

And an adorable dark purple make up case! I love this leather! How I wish they could get it back for us in time for an order! It is beautiful! It's nearly black IRL and soft! Stunning!
100_1149.jpg

It's pink! The lining is pink! Pink suede! That is lovely.

Well done on both bags. Wear them in good health!

Questions on the Matilda:
How much does it fit as compared to the Mini-E?
Does it fit comfortably as a shoulder bag?

Hi, Jane! Yes, it's pink suede! It's beautiful!

I can fit more into the Matilda. My Mini Emilia fits my basics; phone, keys, very small wallet, Ignes pouch, cosmetic case, sunglasses and reading glasses. I can also fit my dh's wallet in too. (I often carry his wallet for him so that's how I justify lots of bags to him! Gotta have somewhere to stick his stuff!) LOL!

I could stick a book, another cosmetic pouch or wristlet and a few other small odds and ends in the Matilda on top of what I can fit in Mini Emilia. And yes, it is a comfortable shoulder bag. It sits nicely on my shoulder and is easy to get in and out of. I imagine I could leave it unzipped and just reach in it while it's still on my shoulder. I would be sure to use a light leather though as I think it could get heavy if you used a thicker heavier leather.

Cathy, I don't know the number or the real name for it but if you tell Maria you want chocolate sparkle like Teena's Matilda, she'll know what you mean! I cannot wait to get a pic of it in sunlight! I can see the little glitters in the leather but they're not shining like they will once the sun hits it!! SK gets the credit for introducing me to this beautiful leather!

You hit it out of the ballpark with these bags. They are all stunning!!!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love your Matilda. The chocolate leather is soooo yummy :nuts: and that lining is incredible. Of course it goes without saying that the Emilia is TDF and that the purple cosmetic bag :drool:.
Well Done!!!!:woohoo:

Thanks, JJ's Mama! I do love them! Ignes did a great job!

NC, yes, this little beauty is the offspring of your Cecilia! It was after I saw your Cecilia that I inquired about that leather! They had just enough for the make up case! I'm so happy to have it! I now have a gunmetal and dark purple make up case from OOS leather! Wish I could have managed a celery case!

Cecilia's a Mommy? lol No way. Let me get her off my shoulder to look at her little one. Awww....she's very happy and sends her love! (I must confess I have a lipstick pink makeup case on the way with the laptop case....the makeup cases could be friends?)

^^ My little make up cases are very happy to have a new friend! The little pouches want to be friends too! How I love Ignes make up cases and pouches! I need to add another to my order. I'm a mess.

TL - I love the Matilda. I'm so glad JRed saw the potential of this bag! It doesn't look big at all, I'm actually thinking it might not be big enough for me to travel with! I also can't wait till you can get her out in sunlight to see her really sparkle!

The GIB II Mini E looks gorgeous, but of course I'm biased! My Mini E has a fraternal twin! I'm glad you love the color, I know you had some doubts. I have to admit I'm completely envious of the slouch! I can tell in the pics the difference the reinforcement makes in mine :crybaby:

Make up case.... so sad it's the last of that leather! It'll make a smashing pair w the Old Gunmetal!

Aw, SK! I think if you use your GIB II Mini E the reinforcement material will break down and soften up in time! I am sure of it! You could even rough it up in the dust bag a bit! LOL! From now on though, no reinforcement in Mini Es! It sucks that custom orders are coming to an end. I feel like I just found my 'grove' with what I like and want! But probably a good thing because I'd go nuts and my wallet would rebel!

I love the Matilda! It's a great tote but not a big bag. But it'd make a great companion to the travel bag for traveling, I think. Right now I have my stuff in the GIB II Mini E until the sun comes out! Then I'm breaking out Matilda!