Gianvito Rossi Leather OTK Boots - Fall 2014 - Would you pay the price?

livefire

O.G.
Sep 5, 2013
Hi All,

I wanted to ask you on your opinion on whether you would make an investment for these Gianvito Rossi over the knee boots for around $1700? Do you think that is too pricey? or that is just the going price as many mainstream designer boots now cost on avg around $1300-$1400 mark anyway? Your thoughts?

Do you think the boots would be worth the investment in your opinion for Fall 2014? or that there is something more comparable at less price you feel would look better? Thanks!

u9xwf.jpg

imho, it is very expensive for something so.... "plain".
you will most probably find similar at a better price.

boots are always worth the "investment" and i use that term loosely.

Hi All,

I wanted to ask you on your opinion on whether you would make an investment for these Gianvito Rossi over the knee boots for around $1700? Do you think that is too pricey? or that is just the going price as many mainstream designer boots now cost on avg around $1300-$1400 mark anyway? Your thoughts?

Do you think the boots would be worth the investment in your opinion for Fall 2014? or that there is something more comparable at less price you feel would look better? Thanks!

u9xwf.jpg
I agree sort of expensive as they are relatively similar to lots of other boots on the market which I am sure you could get a lot cheaper.

As you know for the right boot I am prepared to pay a lot - but only if it is really a statement boot which I like. Other boots I get in the sales at a heavy discount.

I went on ahead with buying the Gianvitto Rossi black leather knee high heel dress boots for my wife. They look very nice. She typically wears a size 39 Euro, but because of the narrow toe line, I bought her a size 39.5, though a 40 could have worked too. But I opted to stay with the 39.5 for her as a jump from 39.5 to 40 adds 2 inches more onto the shaft, and then could be too tall for some dresses.

I picked them up from Net-a-Porter in case you are interested. I will post some other pictures I found online showing them modeled with dresses:
http://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/product/442022

I agree sort of expensive as they are relatively similar to lots of other boots on the market which I am sure you could get a lot cheaper.

As you know for the right boot I am prepared to pay a lot - but only if it is really a statement boot which I like. Other boots I get in the sales at a heavy discount.