Giant Sunglasses: In or Out?

chanelissy

turn it upppp
O.G.
Feb 24, 2006
Last Summer was the year in my opinion of the huge sunglasses:love: . Chanel, Dior, Oliver Peoples...all had some amazing TDF ones. Myself, I got in on the L.lo craze and skipped over to Saks and bought a pair of ginormo Oliver People's in Tortoise. I liked the Chanel ones, but wanted something a bit more understated with more sun protection! Anyway, I still see some celebs still rocking the big sunglasses...Nicole Richies sometimes goes a tad overboard, but I think the trend is still in, what about you? Here are some examples of what I mean---
SupaDupa7700A_blk-crm4.jpg

03bspears.jpg

ditasupadupanw2a92e1d.jpg

By the way, the sunglasses on Brit, MK&A and the last model are the same--Dita Supa Diva in Black/Cream and Dita Supa Diva in Tortoise:love:
Funny how they can look SO vastly different on different people, eh??

chanelissy said:
Last Summer was the year in my opinion of the huge sunglasses:love: . Chanel, Dior, Oliver Peoples...all had some amazing TDF ones. Myself, I got in on the L.lo craze and skipped over to Saks and bought a pair of ginormo Oliver People's in Tortoise. I liked the Chanel ones, but wanted something a bit more understated with more sun protection! Anyway, I still see some celebs still rocking the big sunglasses...Nicole Richies sometimes goes a tad overboard, but I think the trend is still in, what about you? Here are some examples of what I mean

By the way, the sunglasses on Brit, MK&A and the last model are the same--Dita Supa Diva in Black/Cream and Dita Supa Diva in Tortoise:love:
Funny how they can look SO vastly different on different people, eh??

The glassses that MKA are wearing are vintage Ted Lapidus, people often mistake them as Dita and so has the media. They even featured them in Us mag as Dita but they turned out to be TL. But I love them! They are def. IN!!!!

I think it depends on what your personal style is like. If you love them, then they are definitely "in". Personally, I look completely ridiculous, so I prefer something pared down.