Giant Brogues City

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi all! I'm normally on the Dior threads more often, but I've been a big Balenciaga fan for quite a while! I had a miss some years ago (before I knew about TPF) and bought a white First which I believed to be authentic, but turned out to be quite an expensive fake :cry: then I had a hit when I got an authentic used camel coloured First which I am very proud of and use gently :lol:

my question is: when did the Giant Brogues City collection come out? How long do you think it'll still be available for? I've been looking through eBay and really really LOVE the Brogues collection! I've looked at the threads on the B-bags and have decided that the City bag would be a good size for me (I'm not too sure on the more rectangular shape of the Work and don't like carrying a really big bag as I'm only 5'5"), but because I've just recently bought a Dior Panarea and a couple of other things, I probably won't be able to purchase the Brogue just yet. i'm hoping I'll be able to save up in time quickly enough to get one before it's too late! :Push::faint:

I still can't decide between the Anthracite and the Dark Knight (I tend to have either shades of brown or black bags and want a special shade for my first City!). any suggestions?

Anna_525

Mom to 2 great kids
O.G.
Dec 27, 2006
NY
I don't know (or have not yet read in this forum, not unless I missed it) if Bal has any specific plans for the Brogues, also known as Covered Giant Hardware or CGH. Seems to me like it's staying on longer. Just posting a response here because I just got an anthracite CGH in the midday style. It is as big as the Work bag, and I am only 5 ft short, but I don't feel like I am drowning in it. The anthra I got has blue undertones that does not show in certain lighting. In fact it looks black under fluorescent light, and the gray/blue comes out under the sunlight. I just posted pictures at another thread, hope this will help with your decision-making. I love my bag!

Look at post #4739

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/photos-wearing-your-bbags-pictures-only-37346-316.html

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Edinburgh, Scotland
thanks for that, looking at photos of everybody's Anthracite bag I'm really beginning to like it! i'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that by the time I'm able to buy it, it will still be available on the website! went to Harvey Nichols today and the SA was really unhelpful, she answered my questions alright, but she didn't do it in a very nice way.

can you tell me what colour Dark Knight is like?