GHW or PHW Picotin 18 Gold? Please help!

Picotin 18 Gold with PHW or GHW

• Picotin 18 Gold with PHW

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Picotin 18 Gold with GHW

Votes: 56 86.2%

• Total voters

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I need your help! I have been searching for a Gold Picotin 18 with GHW and was told it was hard very hard to get. Last week, a Gold Picotin with PHW popped up on Hermes.com and I ordered it even though it was PHW. I overnighted it, and it is very pretty in the PHW. I had my heart set on GHW but seeing the PHW in person--I thought it looked very nice with the white stitching. My SA just contacted me today that a Gold Picotin 18 with GHW just came in. I honestly don't know what to do. I can return the PHW as I am in the return window, and pick up the gold with my SA. What would you do?

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I would return the PHW Picotin and get the one with gold hardware. Love gold with gold hardware
That is what I am so tempted to do! I fell silly--really PHW/GHW--both beautiful! But I really like the way gold looks with gold! I looked online and the return policy states that I can do an exchange in store. But I am assuming I will need manager approval etc. And I don't want to insult the SA. It would be so much easier to just exchange the PHW for the GHW and I am in the timeframe. UGH! Do you think I should ask? I don't have a long history with this store--purchased from them a few years ago.

Reactions: RT1

auntynat

O.G.
Apr 13, 2009
Unless you also want a Kelly, Birkin or other bag in gold/ghw return it online and buy through your SA. Get what you want and patience is the first lesson of Hermes shopping Alas. Online is through a different protocol than your store SA, I am sure he/she will understand, they have probably seen the full range of Hermes dilemma’s! Do check with your friends in case someone wants the good/phw - I once returned something only to then hear from a friend she had been hunting it for six months ...
ps I love both gold/ghw and gold/phw with the lovely white stitching so no bias!

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Unless you also want a Kelly, Birkin or other bag in gold/ghw return it online and buy through your SA. Get what you want and patience is the first lesson of Hermes shopping Alas. Online is through a different protocol than your store SA, I am sure he/she will understand, they have probably seen the full range of Hermes dilemma’s! Do check with your friends in case someone wants the good/phw - I once returned something only to then hear from a friend she had been hunting it for six months ...
ps I love both gold/ghw and gold/phw with the lovely white stitching so no bias!
Even though I love the Kelly and the Birkin--I have such a casual life and I just don't see myself ever getting one. So, yes I guess I should get what I really wanted in the first place! So--a little confused about your advice here. Should I just return the PHW to the online store? Or ask to exchange? I don't have a lot of experience with Hermes--so I really appreciate your advice.

Reactions: RT1

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
I just spoke to the SA--she was beyond nice! I think I will just return to online. Unless you all think an exchange is no big deal.....

Reactions: Dreaming Big

baghagg

Bags and swag are my kryp-tonite
Oct 12, 2012
Place of Worship: House of Chanel
Personally, I would select the bag that looked best. These minutia details are so close, so I would judge the bag simply based upon which one looks better to my eye. Either way you can't go wrong.

Reactions: jill39

auntynat

O.G.
Apr 13, 2009
Even though I love the Kelly and the Birkin--I have such a casual life and I just don't see myself ever getting one. So, yes I guess I should get what I really wanted in the first place! So--a little confused about your advice here. Should I just return the PHW to the online store? Or ask to exchange? I don't have a lot of experience with Hermes--so I really appreciate your advice.
Hi, sorry I meant return the online purchase and buy the g/g as a new purchase, if this is what you decide. The online and stores are not linked so this will be simpler. Good luck!

jill39

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Hi, sorry I meant return the online purchase and buy the g/g as a new purchase, if this is what you decide. The online and stores are not linked so this will be simpler. Good luck!
Agreed! Yes-this will be much easier! Thank you for your help!

img

Life is short. Buy the bag.
O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
Both are beautiful, but you really want Gold with gold so get that! Don't settle!

Reactions: shellygreen